Don't buy AirPods Max (ANC Test. vs Soundcore Q30, Sony 1000mx4 and Bose 700)

Data summary in video description.

AirpPods Max Audio Tested (Part 3): Transparency, Music, Spatial, Mic

3 Likes

Nice video as always in my opinion the airpods max are over priced

Great comparison @Fast_Unboxer

I think we can all agree those are overpriced, but nice to see it proved. But the real surprise to me is that they are actually as good as the Sony’s, ad the Bose has a real advantage over both.

Nice quick video. I do agree that Airpods max are just very overpriced (even for Apple standards). I didn’t think about the quick apple connectivity issue until you pointed out because I use a Windows laptop and have iPhone and Apple Watch. I don’t want the headphones to connect to either of my apple devices at home or when I’m near my laptop so it would be a very big inconvenience to keep connecting them with my laptop every time. Plus yea that stupid case and no true on/off :man_facepalming:

Thank You for the review…
Those Airpod Maxs are one of the ugliest headphones I have seen… Honestly I would feal weird wearing them, and the Purse Case, Are you kidding me!

I really prefer real world tests over these manufactured tests but I think the general consensus is that the airpod max is overpriced. However I am very impressed by the airpod max ANC and the sound quality they produce. I think they are maybe 15-20% better than the Soundcore Q30s (on sound and ANC alone), but they cost 700% more.

Hi Fursa,

It is intentional to test ANC headphones in a controlled environment
where noise level can be adjusted by simply changing the volume.

If you preferred the real-world test, please watch the other video from my YouTube channel.
I took Q30 and Q35 in a mall, sitting in front of a busy Apple store. The link is down below.

To be honest, real-world (un-controlled) testing is not a good reference because as noise level could change during the test.

It actually would be much easier to do a real-world YouTube review as results in numbers are not as important as the show. It may look cool, bringing more views.

By contrast, it took me nearly an hour to do this very short AirPods Max ANC test to have it in one continuous shot so it can be compared with Sony, Bose and Soundcore.

1 Like

Wow that’s a nice setup you have

Well put, need to have equivalent levels to fairly assess / compare.

Another nice video. Well done.