Enhancing hearing

The newer sound core earbuds already have the microphones and ANC technology.

Why not add hearing enhancement features (configurable in the app and added by firmware update)?

Jabra are about to release some, but soundcore already has the hardware that could do this

https://www.jabra.com/hearing/enhance-plus

5 Likes

I remember this has been discussed.
But could have been at ANKER’s forum.

I would take advantage of this feature. I work in a loud environment. It would be nice if enhanced hearing would help. I know with most hearing aids, noisy environments are still bad for those with hearing issues.

Interesting idea @roger186. Who knows, maybe it will happen somewhere down the line.

1 Like

That would be a really cool feature I hope they listen to your suggestion

I would be curious as to how this would end up working. Maybe it can be a FW update on some of the newer products.

2 Likes

That was my thinking.
They already have the technology for making phone calls clearer - so feeding the signal to the earphone rather than the line should be possible

2 Likes

We’re all slowly getting old and hearing weaker. Maybe someday I will also need it.
Good idea :clap:.

3 Likes

Let me do a check of my ears, the “old worn out drummer’s ears”.
I still understand some orders of my beloved wife very well.
Others I don’t understand,
But I am sure, not even such a hearing support will help! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

What did you guys say? I did not hear ya. Lol. YOU MAY WANT TO SPEAK LOUDER. :rofl:

:thinking: If I understood correctly, over the years your hearing has become very specialized and very selective. Hears:
“Come to dinner.” And he does not hear: “Vacuum the carpet!”
This is called “instant evolution” :joy:!

:thinking: It’s your fault - you’ve used the headphones too often and for too long :joy:.
There were probably more of them in your photo than golf balls :joy:.

1 Like

Well, I do have a lot of golf balls. :wink:

If you count all brands I got a decent amount ( beats, Jabba n etc).

Usually it is if they break some they take one. Lol. Son broke his Beats 2 n he took my Beats 3.

1 Like

@Duane_Lester In Poland, golf is an elite sport for wealthy people. Ordinary people (me too) know little about him. We watch it in movies and it seems boring.
Football and great emotions reign in Poland :+1:t2:.
You know what happened after yesterday’s Poland-England match !!!
I wrote to the @The_Professor , but I don’t think he’s a football fan :slightly_frowning_face:.
Or he lost his speech because of the impression (I’m joking of course :joy:) because Poland drew 1-1 with England

I don’t watch football. I like playing it however.

Back to the thread, yes an enhanced hearing would useful, if you could pipe in ambient with some kind of app configurable preference, such as pipe in voice dominated frequencies.

I’d also some kind of warning signal if a vehicular sound is coming at you.

I had played golf here in WV several times but the way we play, it is not so elite. Lol.

1 Like

I have vision issues also and so proportionally rely more on my hearing. I tried playing golf… there was a large hole forming around the stationary ball and so I gave up.

1 Like

I am also starting to have problems with my eyesight.
But the ball is big so I have no problem at the moment :grinning: