Eq Q30 “Flat” EQ

Hi! I would like my phone to sound as flat as possible. What equalization should I use?

2 Likes

Two obvious ones come to mind, the flat EQ and custom with all 0

1 Like

Thanks … unfortunately for what I want, it’s not that simple. Every headphone has frequency differences, which can be attenuated or increased. I didn’t find the Q30 equalization curve, so I could correct it and make it more neutral.

I think Flat EQ in Soundcore app should make the sound flat. I don’t have Q30 so don’t know what the list of EQ is in the app for those headphones. If you use Apple Music then you can make that flat as well (if using iPhone): Setting -> Music -> EQ -> Flat

Let me know if I didn’t understand your question correctly or you have any further questions

I would like to try using it to do some mixing at home. Even if it’s not for that, the equalizer can help a lot.

1 Like

Soundcore’s default EQ or custom EQ with all sliders zeroed is far from flat as measured. They are quite bass heavy, but this is what most people like and want.
If you want to make your headphones as flat as possible, you have to measure them somehow and apply the required amount of EQ. But you will possibly not like the result.
The other option is to EQ them to a target curve, like one of Harman curves.
The problem with headphones measurements is that different methods give slightly different results. Therefore the final tweak should always be done by ears, and it should be YOUR ears.
You can find my own EQ procedure described here

1 Like

Check “Anker Soundcore Life Q30 Balanced EQ Settings - Budget Hi-Fi Sound” video. It’s the same settings as Oluv’s Gadgets use and he’s famous for liking flat sounding headphones (Oluv had frequency measurements in his Bose/Sony vs Q30 with that EQ videos in sections where he’s at home).

1 Like

Those are not the same settings that Oluv uses. The video you posted (Mr Cow) uses quite symmetric V curves all over, but Oluv’s band mid-range settings are different afaik.

On Patreon Oluv posted his settings that he used in future comparison videos. Through the blur you can see it’s almost the same.

I see. I only had this (from somebody on Amazon) and it still looks closer to that blurry patreon image than Mr Cow’s eq…

a

you seriously don’t see extremely close similarity between the last blurred Oluv’s picture (which shows EQ) and Mr Cow’s EQ?
This screenshot is from his first video? It was try-out and after liking it he spent more time tuning it and then posted on Patreon and referenced this EQ ever since in his later videos.

1 Like

Ok, on taking a closer look they do look almost similar indeed. :slight_smile:
Personally I thought Mr Cow’s settings were too clear/loud… kind of ear-piercing. Had to lower the 2nd and 6th band by a few notches, as well as 12khz, and bump the bass (1st band).

Acoustic and piano have been recommended on previous threads / reviews.

Perhaps you should try those if possible?

2 Likes