explain to me why one side drains faster than the other

Would Somebody explain to me why my one earbud on my right side or my left drains faster than normal

1 Like

The reason the right earbud drains faster than the left is because the right earbud connects to your phone, and then the left earbus connects to the right earbud. So the right earbud is working double duty therefor it drains faster. I have found with certain smart phones with dual Bluetooth connections, I am able to pair each earbud to my phone and use them at the same time without the battery draining faster… the problem then is you cannot use the app in this setup, and for some its harder to setup in this configuration.

5 Likes

@Tank did a great job explaining it. Depending on which earbud you are using from Soundcore, it could either be that right is primary all the time or whichever you remove from case first will be primary. In my testing of Spirit Dot 2, the primary gave 30-45 mins lower playtime than secondary. If the difference is higher, you should do an extensive test and see the exact difference (don’t put the earbuds back in case until they die completely) and update us on this thread with a reply or send service@soundcore.com a reply

1 Like

Excellent replies already.

So you have a primary, secondary and tertiary effects.

1. The bluetooth version. BT 5 (latest) allows both buds to be used together where “media” is transmitted to each bud directly. You only connect to one bud manually and behind the scenes the other bud is hidden connected. Note: a common error is to connect to both and so audio problems arise.
  2. if you run any kind of voice detection e.g. Android “contacts sharing” OK Google detection then its continually draining the microphone. The Microphone is not “media” but “phone” and is mono. As said already, one bud is master, hosting the microphone, you only use one microphone even though 4 exist for picking up audio. If you take the right/left out first, then right/left drains faster.
  3. Phone calls or anything involve microphone disables the BT 5 both buds symmetry and forces the master to drain substantially faster.

The cure are to:

• avoid wireless buds , wired buds have no assymmetry, much much simpler, lower cost.
  • use one bud at a time, it’s the primary advantage of wireless you can use one at a time.
  • alternate which bud you take out first to even out the asymmetry.

Newer hardware, Soundcore yet to use, and new BT versions, have less of an issue, but much of it is still tied to older profiles used by devices, PCs being the worst culprits so the issue is going to be around if you buy wireless buds for the forseeable. The issue is not particular to Soundcore, but the chipsets used and the drivers in the device (PC particularly). It is a “feature” of wireless buds.

I use overear headphones and wired in-ear and only use wireless buds one at the time, that is the perfect match to the current technology. I don’t understand why you’d use wireless both buds, you just lose a bud or the case anyway before the buds break.

1 Like