Firmware update for the Motion Boom (v00.35)

Just a heads up. I received an update for my Motion Booms. It went from v00.33 to v00.35.

The only thing it said was Bug Fixes. I didn’t notice any bugs, but I updated them anyway. I only did one at first. When I compared them after I finished the first 1, I didn’t detect any change in the sound signature between the 2 Booms. No issues with the update either, so I updated the 2nd one as well.

PS Alan Ross didn’t find and difference in the sound signature either.

1 Like

Sometimes nobody knows what those updates are for, even those who publish! :rofl:

1 Like

Thank you for finding this info about your favorite speakers. You should be called Steve Boom :slightly_smiling_face: - I’m kidding of course :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Well said there…

I wasn’t happy when I updated my two motion boom. I noticed a little change on the bass. I have less bass now than before the update. So I returned the speakers and re buy two motion boom with old firmware. :blush:

An update often doesn’t mean an “update”. :laughing:

1 Like

That’s strange. I updated 1 of mine and compared it to the 1 that I hadn’t updated yet and they sounded exactly the same.

On top of that Alan Ross measured the Frequency Response before and after the update and again they were exactly the same (the video in the 1st post)…

1 Like

I think sometimes those update are just slight tweaks. It could be so little that our ears (or more specifically mine would not be able to tell the difference.

1 Like

I agree I couldn’t hear a difference after the update, but more importantly Alan Ross couldn’t measure a difference.

An update doesn’t necessarily have to change the Sound Signature. It could have been for power management, ease of pairing, etc (I never have issues pairing mine - just giving examples).

1 Like

If all works perfect I never do an update of a speaker.
Never change a running system, we computer engineers used to say. :smile:

1 Like

Someone has to be the Guinea Pig and test this stuff out :rofl:. I figure that way I can let people know it it causes an issue.

2 Likes

Ain’t you the noble one, sir boomer knight

1 Like

Really?
Here is the greatest!

2 Likes

Very nice…a great one