First Look and the new Liberty 2 Pro + (Upgraded)

I wasn’t able to catch the full stream the other day but at the start, he does show off the new plus version which is supposedly an upgrade on the original liberty 2 pro so many of us here on the community have loved. I know there have been posts about it being teased on the app and then finally posts of it being available on Amazon so I guess this is the first official look by someone most of us on the community know and trust.

1 Like

Bluetooth in this version has a 2Mbit max. LDAC has 330 660 990 kbs modes.

LDAC auto is when it is set to auto adjust between 330 660 990.

It only takes a half bluetooth signal strength for 990 to be at it’s maximum. If the signal drops further you have two options. Either force hold the 990, so you have dropouts, or let it drop down to 660 or 330.

The developer mode and the app screens imply they have set LDAC to 990 unless you prefer connection quality then it changes to auto to reduce dropouts.

You can imagine a “Liberty 3 Pro”.

I can read around 5x faster than people can speak so I personally find youtube as the worst quality source of knowledge. Speaks.Too.Slow. So this guy I had to 2x speed-up to get to a reasonable pace of speech.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. :+1:

So maybe I’m missing something but according to the comparison sheet, this looks like a downgrade. The only new feature is LDAC. But it lost aptX. It also took a huge battery hit. The older ones were 8/32 and the new ones are 7/26.

The Updated Version received Transparency Mode and LDAC but lost aptX. I think the battery is probably the same size but my understanding is LDAC consumes the battery at a faster pace because it’s running at a higher bit rate.

It also looks like the Updated version is $20 less expensive which I don’t really understand. All in all, it seems like getting the new one is a no brainier if you don’t already have the L2P.

1 Like

Probably $20 less cause they need to justify them vs the liberty air 2 pro (which honestly to me sound the same) but you get noise canceling.

I don’t agree and I have the LA2P. I’ve heard the L2P and to my ears it sounds better. More impactful Bass with a fuller sound. They are also is a 2 way EarBud (Dual Armature Driver). They play louder too if that matters to you. To me they just sound better and that’s all that I really care about. I think you’re the only person I’ve ever heard say they sound the same.

That being said sound is subjective and what sounds good to me might not sound good to you. I always say that a person should go with whatever sounds best to them.

PS I’m not saying the LA2P sound bad, just that I think the L2P sounds a tad better.

2 Likes

I guess so, everyone’s ears are different, but its not just the ear sound quality for me that put the LA2P at the top, I think the mic is better, the fit was better (not as heavy), the noise canceling and the touch sensitive side (instead of a button) all added up.

If Soundcore would have made these above changes to the upgraded L2P that would have probably gotten me to switch but as it stands now I use my LA2P and my L2P just collect dust.