First look Soundcore Life Q30

Here’s a quick look at the Soundcore Life Q30’s I received yesterday.

Let me start out by saying I think they sound very good. The app support as usual is top notch. I was pleasantly surprised that my case was the upgraded one that is the size and shape of the case on the Q35. The material isn’t the velvet I hear people talk about, it feels more like Denim to me. It also has the bag for the cords, like the Q35.

As I said this is going to be short because I only received them yesterday. So far the only con I see is that the top of my left and right ear got a little sore from rubbing against the top of the enclosure (the left more so than the right). I had someone check and my ears are a tight fit inside the headphones. If that persists, I may have to return them. On the plus side I think in a strong wind I may be able to qualify for frequent flyer miles (I’m thinking Dumbo :rofl:). I never thought I had big ears, but now I’m wondering.

2 Likes

Something is wrong here too, that you deleted 4 posts? :joy:

3 Likes

OK, now that made me laugh. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

@Steve976 And what is your decision: stay with you or give them away? :slightly_smiling_face:
Have you listened to your HD recordings over the cable connection? There is a difference in the sound quality compared to the Bluetooth connection?

Well I haven’t had a chance to play with them a lot the last 3 days. A combination of being a little busy and temperatures in the 90’s (F). Just too hot to be wearing headphones. I can say without hesitation I really like the sound. ANC and Transparency mode are also very good.

My only issue will be whether or not the ear-cups fit my ears. My ears are a little bit of a snug fit, but they also are touching the fabric covering the actual drivers. I’m thinking I might need a little bit bigger cups, but also thicker (to keep my ears from rubbing against the material covering the drivers) I figured with the high heat it probably wouldn’t be the best time to test. One other thing I noticed is I’m feeling the band at the top of my head a bit. I really need to spend a little more time with them before I can draw any conclusive opinions.

In the end I think they are great headphones. For what you get from them sound-wise, the price I paid at $59.99 is a steal. My only complaint is fit. Considering that no product can fit everyone perfect, I think it might just be me (shape of ears, head, etc).

2 Likes

I looked closer at the headphones after the above post. It’s been mostly my left ear that I’ve had the issue with. I examined both ear cups and realized there were 2 creases / dips in the left cups padding where it sits against my head. I’m trying to explain it so it makes sense. It’s like there are a couple of spots where there is no padding. The hope is I just got a bad left ear cup.

I just got off the phone with Amazon and explained what I was experiencing and what I noticed. They offered to send me a replacement pair in the hopes that maybe I just got a bad left earcup.

I really want to like these. Everything about them is good other than mainly the fit on the left ear. I’m hoping for the best. I should receive them on the 11th. I’ll keep you posted.

1 Like

Thanks for those long replies. I don’t know if I understood correctly: you will have 2 pairs of Amazon Q30 headphones at home? Didn’t you have to send back the pair of headphones you purchased? Did you have any problems with your complaint?

They are sending me the replacement pair. They also E-Mailed me a return label. I have 30 days to return the first headphones. If I don’t return it within that window (30 days), I will be charged for the second headphones.

I had no problems at all. I explained what was going on to the customer service representative and she suggested sending me a second pair to make sure it wasn’t just a bad ear-cup. She told me if I have the same issue, I can return them both and they will refund my account the cost of the first pair. I have Prime and don’t mess around (take advantage) of them so they are trying everything to make sure it’s a good experience. I appreciate that!

3 Likes

Along as you keep that feather with you, you should be able to fly all you want. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice to hear that the service experience was top notch :+1:

2 Likes

Really nice pictures and first look at these glad to hear you’re getting a replacement

1 Like

It’s great, I’m glad.
I didn’t know Amazon for such fantastic service. They even sent out a second pair of headphones.

2 Likes

I received my replacement Q30’s on Thursday (1 day early) :grinning:

So let’s get down to it. I’ve noticed a couple of differences.

1. The cups either have more padding or the padding itself is firmer. Either way they feel more conformable to my ears :+1:
  2. The pamphlets other than the “How Do We Sound” one are full size which I like. Much easier for my older eyes to read.
  3. The firmware was newer than my first pair right out of the box, which was factory sealed by the way .
  4. One last thing the Multi Point is functioning flawlessly. Seamless switching between my Windows 10 PC and Android phone.
  5. I’m quite happy so far. My ears aren’t hurting and the Multi Point is working great!

New Booklet pack on the left, the older one on the right.

New Booklet pack opened up

3 Likes

Glad they seem to be better for you. Happy listening

1 Like

@Steve976 I’m glad you’re satisfied now. :clap:Cool. :+1:t2:
:thinking:It follows that there are 2 versions of the Q30 - old and new. Are there any differences in the packaging? Can you tell by the box which version of the Q30 is newer? I wonder if the @The_Professor already had the “newer” version of the Q30 …

2 Likes

Both of my boxes looked the same to me, but they both came with the Q35 style case. From what I hear, it’s smaller than the case that originally came with the Q30 (more of an oval shape vs more of a square shape), so I’m not sure if the box on the one with the original case was bigger. I already sent the first Q30’s I had back yesterday so I can’t really compare the 2 boxes side by side. Looking at the pictures I took of the first one compared to the new one I can’t see any obvious differences.

I’m not sure I would call the two I had different versions. I was just thinking maybe this one had a little more padding in the ear cups (luck of the draw so to speak, although I can’t say for sure that it was just normal variations - I guess it’s possible they changed to a slightly more padded ear cup).

The main noticeable change from the earlier Q30 is the now included Q35 style case and bigger manual (not that a bigger manual increases functionality). My multi point is working better though (the first Q30 would switch from Android to Windows 10 PC no problem, but getting it switch back was problematic). Another change is I didn’t have to update the firmware on these. I would definitely say this one is newer because of that reason alone.

3 Likes

Thanks for the very thorough explanation.
Perhaps the easiest way to recognize the “newer” version of the Q30 is from the larger manual.

2 Likes

Multipoint = chipset = fixed inside the product.

So if multipoint behaves differently then it’s just different luck of sequence. Should only be firmware version specific.

For them to change chipset they’d have to go through the FCC process again. As far as I understand it.

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking myself. There is no disputing that this one is working better though. I paired both in the same order (Phone first, then PC). I’m trying to make sense of it myself. This even seems to switch immediately. Pause one, hit play on the other and Bam, it’s playing. I’m really not sure what to make of it.

2 Likes

If that’s true, there is something else going on here.

Could be a hardware revision, so different firmware for each version.

I’d still instinctively think it’s just different random luck, something else changed instead, sequence or versions on the other devices.

I’m swapping my Q30 soon, they physically broke at the band, I’ll find out shortly but note my rights under warranty allows for factory refurb’d so not necessarily newer version.

2 Likes