Flagging or tagging issues

As a moderator, I am task to help the community when issues are made aware. I also have several private conversations with members throughout the year. I also have interactions with admin as well

I am also a member who is decently active in community as well. I enjoy some of the threads, the photo contest and other activities on the site such as a good discussion.

One of my functions is to review issues with threads or post. In the last several months there has been more tagging of my name instead of flagging of the issue.

Tagging my name is easier but I think we need to return to flagging a post.

The biggest reason for flagging a post

1. It help people from knowing who did the flag. This prevent members from being bitter at each other, feeling others are confrontational or etc.

2. Flagging also help the admin to track issues in the community, when they go flagged how long it took to resolve and wh resolved it.

3. If you tag an issue and I get several notification there is a chance that I can miss it.

With that said, I will not catch everything as I am one person and it will all depend on how busy I get in a day. I may not remember all post even if I saw it a few days ago. So I do appreciate the flag to catch things that I may not seen as I had not been on.

So my suggestion is to flag a post if there is an issue. Another option is to send a private message to the user if they made a mistake as well.

I would rather cheer for each than getting messages of complaint anyway.

Family may argue so remember to flag it before you tag it.

5 Likes

(we chatted about this in PM)

For those in Anker and Soundcore communities, these are setup differently and approach has to be different. In Anker the admin is (seldom visiting) absent and flagging goes to admin so tends to not cause a response so the moderators have to be tagged or a PM to the mods.

Here the flagging goes to the mods and so there’s no need to tag, and for the reasons Duane says it has advantages of removing one cause of sniping.

I may have tagged when I should have flagged as I didn’t , til recently, know flagging is just as fast here. Thanks for letting us know.

3 Likes

I can’t guarantee no sniping but hope it will reduce that temptation but you are correct.

1 Like

Flagging is definitely the way to go. Thanks Duane for all you do this this community trying to keep it a nice friendly place!

2 Likes

Sounds like it would be the best way to go (flagging) to avoid animosity between members.

2 Likes

Thanks for info :+1:

2 Likes

Nicely put. Perhaps not many are aware of how to… or maybe even care to… 🤷