Free Movies on Plex now!

Not sure if we have lot of Plex users on Soundcore Collective here, but it is a great media library application which works with server-client, and access the media from anywhere on Internet plus local network.

Brief background of Plex –
Plex initially started as a fork of Kodi… eventually has grown bigger than Kodi.

It is a Server to house & index your media - movies / Videos, Audio, Photos… And access from local network OR directly over internet via it’s client on Roku, Apple Appstore, Android, Fire TV and more, also have the Live TV integration now through required hardware and more.

They also had lot of plugins to access sites for movies and live TV and got pulled down due to mostly piracy concerns.

I use it for the Music and Videos library, and most interesting thing is Plex has today released a Free Movie section for it’s users.

In addition to your collection of movies, there are lot of free movies, TV shows, extreme sports films, music documentaries, Bollywood musicals, and more.

Looks like there are lot more alternatives now to paid options !

Are there more options with your existing home video library which include online movies such as Plex, What are your thoughts?

I something like that the other day when I downloaded the app. Haven’t had time to check it out.

As a general rule I try to avoid free services like that. You always have to cut corners somewhere, which isn’t for me. I’ll pay to have a quality premium service :wink:

1 Like

I already have Disney+ and Netflix… cancelled Hulu… Not about Free or paid… but free media with your home media like Plex is unique

Nice, I just started using Plex to control my media library and love it. I use to Kodi and I find plex to work well. I may even purchase a premium account.

1 Like

I used Kodi and Plex… but Plex is much better, silky smooth user experience on all platforms ( plus I am.plexpass life member :wink: )

I have tried PLEX long time ago, but will give it another round now.

It’s much different now… Lot of new features, awesomeness…

… but lost plugin Support :worried::disappointed_relieved:

Okay @Shenoy I only vaguely know what Plex is. I have it but don’t really know how to use it.

Can you give a quick rundown?

1 Like

Plex initially started as a fork of Kodi… eventually has grown bigger than Kodi.

It is a Server to house & index your media - movies / Videos, Audio, Photos… And access from local network OR directly over internet via it’s client on Roku, Apple Appstore, Android, Fire TV and more, also have the Live TV integration now through required hardware and more. Also has Tidal music partnership.

They also had lot of plugins to access sites for movies and live TV and got pulled down due to mostly piracy concerns.

So it hosts files directly from my PC or raspberry pi and allows me to access them from other devices?

yes, that is correct, plus they are adding more online stuff now

They have some dedicated NAS storage and also run on some Netgear routers