Get Started with Liberty 3 Pro

Hello all, I’d like to ask few questions :slight_smile:

What are the differences between 3.51 and 4.51 fw ?
Is this just 2 different branches regarding LDAC ??
When I first tried to upgrade the Pro3 earbuds, it installed 3.51 (from 3.26 if I remember well).
Then I tried again to upgrade, to make sure 3.51 wasn’t an intermediate upgrade, it then was “up to date”.
And when I tried to activate LDAC, it installed 4.51 fw.

Other question, still regarding fw : since 3.51/4.51, my W10 computer can’t output sound to earbuds anymore.
It was working well for the few minutes I tried the buds with the out of the box fw, but not anymore since upgrade.
Sound from smartphone is working well.
I have to dig this matter. Is there an already know problem about this ?

Third question, the audio quality is good when listening musing, but I am disappointed with in calls sound quality.
When my interlocutor isn’t speaking, the silence canceler is working well and I hear a perfect blank.
But as soon as the interlocutor speaks, god, I hear a inconfortable hiss as background noise who accompanies all the speak.
Very unpleasant.

I get this every time, regardless of the interlocutor phone or carrier, and the call long.
I suspect the problem is on my side, software or fw problem with the earbuds.
Does anyone else get that poor call quality ?
Any setting to change in order to hear just the voices of peoples, and not a unpleasant hiss too ?

Thanks !

I’m sure there were many bug fixes and stability improvements – don’t see a detailed change-log for these anywhere…
Support mentioned that the next version included one of the issues i reported … wonder if it’ll drop for the “official” launch date of 20th … seems a few of us through various channels got them ahead of time

Hi Julien,

A couple of things. If your PC’s Bluetooth version is older than your phones, try un-pairing from your phone, reset the L3P and then connect to your PC. I know some people get better results pairing to older version of Bluetooth 1st.

I’m not sure if you’re trying to connect with Multi-point Connection, but that doesn’t work if you’re using LDAC.

2 Likes

Also – try pairing the lowest bluetooth version device first, then pairing the next one.
It’s a trick some people over on headfi have used before
So PC’s tend to have v4.0 or 4.2 receivers in them … maybe some newer laptops now come with 5.0 but i highly doubt 5.2
So i’d try resetting - then pairing the laptop then the other device

2 Likes

While not necessarily the issue here, the pair and connect oldest first tricks worked here recently

It’s probably worth sending an email to service anyway with details of this – while not a show-stopper it possibly is something they can tweak in firmware to make the experience better… it’s possible it’s a limitation of the bluetooth standard – not sure

i switched to usb audio player and the volume is alot louder, not by much

1 Like

Thanks Jamie & Steve.

I remember even having turned off BT on my phone, to make sure only the computer is connected to the L3P.
But I’m not sure if it was also with fw 3.51, or only fw 4.51
That’s for sure I tried this on 4.51, with no success.

Also, both computer + phones were working well with previous fw (3.2x)
same computer & phone.

Only thing that changed is L3P fw.
So, if its a BT version problem between computer / phone and L3P, that on the L3P fw to solve this.
As it was working before with same hardwares.

Ordered L3P trough Amazon .de, delivered to France.
Wasn’t listed yet on Amazon .fr, and was already sold out on Soundcore website.
(Then restocked, but I had already ordered on amazon DE.)

Am considering returning it if sound doesn’t work with computer + if hiss (or hum?) problem doesn’t solve with phone calls.

adding informations :slight_smile:
computer is HP x360 1030 g3, BT 4.2
phone is Galaxy S10, BT 5.0

LDAC is already “deactivated” (unchecked in Soundcore app, but fw stayed on 4.51, thought it’d downgrade back to 3.51 but it isn’t.
That’s why I asked differences between those 2 fw, since I only got the later AFTER I checked LDAC audio in the soundcore app.

Gonna try resetting L3P again, pairing computer first, then smartphone.
But, again, must be a fw problem with L3P, because on the first setting while on 3.26, I directly paired phone, then computer. And it worked well.

PC sees 2 devices :
Casque (Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro Stereo)
Casque (Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro Hands-Free

“casque” is headset" or “headphone”, in French.

Both not getting sound on L3P when selected as default output on the pc.

Okay, now both computer + phone get sound after re setting again and pairing computer first.
Thanks all !
Odd problem.

Now I have to deal with the background noise problem during phone call.
Will email support and report here.

2 Likes

My left earbud have weird clicking sound when I walk/talk or slightly touch the earbud. It’s like a pulsing clicking sound. Can be heard only when active noise cancelling is ON. Disappear when ANC is off. Weird and annoying.

I’ve now used my L3P twice while talking on a phone call on my Galaxy S9. They only last 2,5h and that seems so low. The first time they clocked out at that time but I was using ANC or Transperency. Tried it again today and only again 2,5h but I used them in normal mode. I did reset them after the first time so just wondering what times others reach with phone calls.

1 Like

Same here, started a meeting at 2:00pm with full charge, hearing “battery low” at 4:48pm (reaching 10% left).
Really poor battery life.

Left bud dies, I charge it in the case to recharge a few minutes, I take it out to switch with Right one and charge the latter, no audio coming back to Left bud.
Needed to switch on/off BT multiple times on the phone to get sound back on left bud.

Hi,

I upgraded the earbuds to firmware version 3.51 the moment I opened the case, but I eventually noticed that the right one would drain in less than an hour. How do I solve this? How to reset the earbuds to revert to the original firmware version? Or, any ideas what I need to do to fix the issue?

Thank you.

Asymmetric drain is expected with all TWS buds as one of them does more work (the microphone at least).

The asymmetric drain is greater if the BT 5 feature of both buds connected to phone has failed and it falls back to 4.2 of master/slave with the slave forwarding via the master which is the only one connected to phone which makes the master drain twice as fast. Note BT it is hidden master/slave you still only see R or L connected not both.

One suspicion is the BT 5 symmetry is broken by the firmware upgrade?

Also if you do anything older BT 4.2 or older you will get unavoidable significant asymmetric drain.

So first thing to do is a full reset:

• delete all pairings, and turn bluetooth of everything ever paired
  • reset the buds
  • if Android then delete the bluetooth cache. Settings, apps, show system, bluetooth, force stop, storage, clear cache (don’t clear date just cache), reboot.
  • pair with buds, accept the L pairing offer quickly. Some of the L pairing gets lost and then it becomes master/slave by default.

That should ensure a clean minimum asymmetry.

Also as you use the buds, to make them even up the drain, alternate which bud you take out first as the first one out has more work to do (microphone listening). The buds batteries will age and lose capacity naturally so evening their wear helps keep buds going over years.

Thank you for your helpful response.

However, I am not sure how to reset the buds… After deleting all pairings, turning Bluetooth off and the buds and rebooting my iPhone device (which uses BT5), I slid the case lid, then held the button at the back of the case for about 10 seconds until the lights started blinking on each bud inside the case (to reset the buds), re-enabled BT, paired the buds and checked on the Soundcore app. Unfortunately, I still see firmware version 3.51 and all the configs I did initially, including HearID ANC and Custom EQ. Did I do anything wrong? If so, could you please show me my mistake? I really hope to get these buds set up properly so I can use them as you recommended.

Thanks in advance.

Email service@soundcore.com - paste in all you’ve tried already, serial number and proof of purchase.

Then it is either they know a fix, if so please share for the next person knows, or they decide it’s hardware issue and warranty process begins.

Alright, sounds like a plan. Thank you.

1 Like

A decent review, unsponsored…

1 Like

And now, computer sound isn’t working anymore.

Fed up with this buds.

Will open a 3rd support ticket.

1st is 3 hours max battery life, I should get a beta fw to try within 24 hours.
Support is helpful on that matter.

2nd is the background noise during calls, perfect blank when interlocutor isn’t speaking, background noise + speaker voice when interlocutor is speaking.
A kind of hiss/hum (not sure of the good English word for this).
No reply / help from support on that 2nd ticket matter, except for automated reply after I sent the email.

And 3rd ticket will be malfunctioning multipoint audio.
Yes, I can completely reset the earbuds, then repair Computer first and then smartphone.
But I already done that. I worked, now I does’t work anymore.

Didn’t changed anything between then and now. Same buds, same phone, same computer.
Don’t want to go through the hassle every time I need to listen sound from computer.
It should be working without reset + re pairing.

I am still within the return window with amazon for a few days.
If no notable progress with L3Pro, I’ll send them back for a refund.

Will even probably order Jabra already, to try and compare both before deciding.
But I won’t be keeping 150€ earphones that aren’t working hassle free.