Getting to know members of Soundcore community

I see my friends post these on social media. Figure it would be fun to do it here but Soundcore style. If you been around some, you will know some things already.

When did you join Soundcore Community (You can include your Anker time as it was Soundcore before the Soundcore community was here

What drew you to Soundcore and the community

What was your favorite Soundcore contest, favorite thing to do on the community or favorite activity

First song you remember

Favorite Artist when you were a child

Favorite Artist now

Did you play in a local band and how successful

Did you play in an orchestra band and what instrument

Wildcard- What is your favorite food

2 Likes

Too many questions.
All have been answered by the few regulars left here meanwhile.:smile:

2 Likes

Reduced it by a few…

Better now.
But all these questions have been answered.
If not -> there is more information at ANKER’s forum.

The regulars know each other meanwhile erfectly.
Being there “the family” for many years.
THOUGH there are no giveaways.
We dont mind.
We are there.
By the way.
This is one of the most difficult piano pieces.

Composed by Franz (not me…hehe)
Franz Schubert, one of my favorite composers ever.
Died so early, was such a bad and sad life he had.

2 Likes

I came from the Anker community as I was there for a few years before coming over here as well. What drew me to Anker which was the soundcore community before the community was around was seeing some ads on Facebook. I did a giveaway for some Spirit x and won (which I think they were doing an insane giveaway (Like one of 300)). I joined as I liked the discussions, and cool products.

What was your favorite Soundcore contest, favorite thing to do on the community or favorite activity

I think the photo contest is my funnest as I do not consider myself a good photographer but have to push myself. Plus it is also fun.

First song you remember

Chipmunks- Witch doctor or Battle of New Orleans by Johnny Horton

Elvis

Favorite Artist now
Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood

I was not in a band.

Trombone in sixth. Lacked transportation or I would have kept going… Did enjoy that son selected trombone and stayed with it until he graduated.

I try to limit myself as they are not good at all but I enjoy a good hotdog

2 Likes

To speak about favourite food… can’t decide between two :smiley::

I came here because I bought a Motion Boom and the rest is history.

3 Likes

What drew you to Soundcore and the community.
I had purchased a few Anker products before joining the Anker Community on Nov 7, 2016. I haven’t really been active over there though. Might have to revisit that.

What was your favorite Soundcore contest, favorite thing to do on the community or favorite activity.
It was a Spot the Difference to win a Mystery Prize – which turned out to be a pair of Liberty 3 Pros.

First song you remember.
Boney M – Daddy Cool.

Favorite Artist when you were a child.
Adam and the Ants.

Favorite Artist now.
Right now it’s Saint PHNX – I just can’t stop playing their music.

Did you play in a local band and how successful.
I tried learning the guitar when young, but never kept it up. I never had any talent to play in a band.

Did you play in an orchestra band and what instrument.
See above.

Wildcard- What is your favorite food.
I just love all types of Asian food.

2 Likes

Joined anker’s community years ago as part of the power user program. Eventually got more active in that community, and then ended up here for the music.

But more than that would take too long for the moment.

2 Likes

When did you join Soundcore Community (You can include your Anker time as it was Soundcore before the Soundcore community was here)

• According to the Anker Community, I’ve been a member since 2016. Before that, I was one of Anker’s Power Users.

• Love Anker products as well as their Soundcore offerings. Have many of both :wink:

First song you remember

• The Jackson 5 - ABC

• Michael Jackson and Diana Ross

Favorite Artist now

• Rihanna and Lady Gaga

• No, but I was a professional club DJ for many years.

• No, see above.

• Italian Food is my fav :drooling_face:
3 Likes

I think the professional club DJ is pretty cool and probably seen some weird stuff at times LOL

2 Likes

Lol. I think I’ve seen it all. DJing in clubs was some of the best times of my life. I played all over NYC, went to Estonia three times and Scotland once to DJ.

I no longer spin in clubs, but still mix at home for my MixCloud

2 Likes

Awesome! Where in Scotland did you DJ @Dez_S?
Just curious if it was one of the clubs I used to go to when I lived in Edinburgh or not?

1 Like

I DJ’d at The Vaults in Edinburgh and a club called The Outhouse in Sterling near Glasgow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I remember The Vaults in Edinburgh, don’t think it exists any longer though. Stirling was never one of the places my nightlife led me, so never even heard of The Outhouse. Just followed you on MixCloud, so will have a listen to your mixes.

Yes, this was awhile back.

I generally mix Tech House, Tribal House, Latin House and EDM. Enjoy :wink:

1 Like

I wonder how do you decided to go to Estonia :thinking:

I used to own a site (dezmix dot com) where I had a weekly DJ mix streaming broadcast using Real Audio, at the time. This was around 1998. My site and a site called Netmix were the only sites streaming live audio. We were the pioneers.

A big club promoter in Tallin, Estonia was one of my listeners and invited me to his huge club three different times. He flew me in from New York to Helsinki, Finland and than to Tallin, Estonia. I was given a hotel room, food for my entire stay, a masseuse and my DJ fee.

Great times :smiley:

4 Likes

Nice story. I visited Tallin a few times. Nice Old Town

2 Likes