Giveaway opportunities thoughts

Just remembering the new music Friday threads and then about some previous contest that offered points instead of tickets per say…

As we all know that as we level we get giveaway tickets for each level but those opportunities become less as you gain a higher rank due to the point between levels.

Another way is from the leaderboard that provides a constant 5 tickets per month.

Another way to gain ticket is from the transfer of notes to tickets. Most times people are saving the notes for something bigger.

Last way is through the core update winners may get it.

So the suggestion would be to create some additional opportunity to get additional tickets than the traditional means again. Tickets do not really have much spending power but do give opportunity to win a giveaway. Some members being grandfathered losted several tickets.

Some potential suggestions:

I believe we all enjoyed the new music Friday type game and it gave like 3 people some tickets which is nice.

In some othrr instance we were given points for certain activities such as naming food mentioned podcast for 20 pts. There was a few contest with bigger points given and it could help someone if they are trying for leaderboard. If they do not try for the leaderboad the contest has no value to them… … so an option could be to offer so many tickets instead.

I think offering tickets would be more beneficial to members that are not doing the leaderboard as it can create other opportunities to win as well…

Other thoughts welcomed…

1 Like

I have often proposed such a solution :
3 gifts could be randomized donated under the the top ten. here
I think this would be really fair.

1 Like

Anything which gets rid of the leaderboard suits me. It actively disincentives the many as only the few prepared to put in a high daily one month’s effort have are rotating repetitive winners.

The many have little opportunity to win the leaderboard.

1 Like

I understand what you are saying. The only thing on more giveaway tickets would be that the ones that are in the top 3 or so each month could win those as well and thus cancel out the extra tickets that goes to the ones that do not get the top 3 (as the last few months has been 3 prizes)

1 Like

More tickets are a good thing. Now if only I could win a drawing. :grinning:

2 Likes

A chance is also there if you try it.

Thanks for the suggestions! We have been looking at various comments and topics over the last few months and collecting all the feedback, I’m sure we will be able to hit a happy balance for everyone in the future. :+1:

2 Likes

Think about who will be creating threads til the end of the month to ensure they are in the top 4

The leaderboard therefore forces the many to be squeezed out by the few, the opposite of what you’d want of broad engagement.

1 Like

You are probably right to a point… I took the chance due to it was September. There will be a few who will post just cause and not in the top 4.

LOL I think I got my first ghost post from Sean on the Soundcore site . LOLOL

No one is being squeezed out by anyone. There isn’t a rule that states that you need to be in the top 4 to start a thread or post. If someone chooses not to post or create threads, that’s their choice.

4 Likes

Its very difficult to decide.

For me the most the “music” threads are of no interest.
(Copy&Paste of articles)
But of course others are interested in.

Same is with deals.
I could create such ones from amazon.fr, amazon.es etc.
There are always offers to be found

BUT :
Not using “unsocial” media" I will never reach any pole position it the leaderboard.
I don’t mind at all, but others do.

If I would take part only to get some free stuff I would have stopped my participation
at ANKER’s forum.
Because there is no free stuff, but the family of this forum is having a lot of fun there, even without being gifted items.
So the number of created threads gaining points is of course not so high. :laughing:

1 Like

To make a thread or not make a thread that is the question.

Without threads a community will become stagnant…

What Anker has for it is that it has 5 sister companies to make threads. Soundcore and Eufy Security are their own community sites but those threads are still showing up on that community (probably just as much as before the Soundcore community).

Eufy Security site seems to have a lot more product base issues threads just in the nature of what the product is and complexity of the product to its users intelligence. (basically the people may not know how to use the product).

Here as well.
But there are only a few members who are willing to answer and to help.
ANKER is quite different, even there is no free stuff.

1 Like

I don’t mind the deals for places that soundcore seems to have a lot of people from such as the US, UK, DE, and sometimes Italy although that one I think is the least popular. but yes I agree a lot of posts have become really meaningless nonsense and do clutter the community but it’s really hard to draw a line of what should and shouldn’t be allowed. If you get rid of music and deal posts then you’re left with support threads mostly and then you have what’s happening to the Anker community happening here. If you just allow deal posts then as you pointed out we get them from really far-fetched places and sites just for people to say they posted, but getting rid of deals means some people do miss out on good sales for things they need because they weren’t aware. I guess all of this is a double edged sword

1 Like

We know @The_professor was talking about those “squeezed” threads.
We also know the Anker forum.
There is no need to create threads to gain points.
But its working, there is no Giveaway and leaderboard.
The few eremites there keep it alive and are having fun!

What’s the difference? :smile:

1 Like

If they still want to do giveaways instead of a leaderboard each month they could just pick a person or two and give them a prize kind of similar to how Anker would give their Christmas gifts out where points weren’t the factor but they took a bunch of things into account. I also think they could if they want break the year into quarters and just do a big gift to those that they feel deserve every quarter. But yes the points leaderboard while it can be fun (my luck for the raffles has been terrible even though I go all in with 15 tickets each time) the fact that missing one day can cause someone a prize is a little much.

2 Likes

Ja indeed, all other suggestions are much better than the way the giveaway is managed at the moment.
I really dont mind if I get not free items.
In my age all greediness is gone! :joy:

I like to be here talk, give suggestions and a helping hand If I can.
I do the same at Anker’s forum.
But meanwhile there is a real “gang” who is always in front! :rofl:
This is not inviting others to get into, because they will never get a chance to reach such a pole position.

By the way : All fine when back to “school”, Kaitlyn? :smiley:

1 Like

agreed I don’t come here for the gifts its more so for the people and to try to help answer questions. the gifts are just a nice added bonus for sure. School has honestly been crazy between covid and the huge storms we had. Parts of my campus are still under construction to deal with the flood damage. Luckily I’m starting to get into the flow of things and hopefully the craziness will die down.

How are things by you? get anything good at the flea market as of late?

1 Like

Whow, Kaitlyn!
We are going private -> better moving to Anker’s family forum! :laughing:
Our daughter has finished her studies before the pandemia and all the horrible problems for students.
I often think about how university and school can work in such a “home-office” state?
Never meet colleagues, teachers.
Not possible! Lost time for many of yours.
I am in retirement. THANK GOD!

1 Like