"Giveaway Tickets"what does it do?

That is the argument some have given up to stop the leaderboard as those who win that every month are the most dedicated.

There is no singular good way, apart from prizes based on judges, talent, like photos, meaningful discussion, etc. The admins do those too. So the genuine and well intentioned folks will eventually win something anyway. e.g. your photo this week.

I’ve been on the Internet, dial-up bulletins, Usenet, before some here were born, and there’s little you can do about it. e.g. if they stopped by IP then VPN solves that.

I’ve had to travel the world and I’ve had to use VPN to get around national restrictions. The Chinese know that issue quite a lot.

1 Like

100% those accounts were created not to get leaderboard. Those were created to participate in giveaway. And I think those names are default names given by system. They will disappear from leaderboard.

2 Likes

I know they were not for leaderboard, they were for points for other purposes. Giveaway for example, yes those have fallen off already.

But I mentioned it in the context of the leaderboard as the argument is at least a true devotee will win every month on leaderboard vs other methods where multiple win.

The talent based methods is at risk of the judge, but it’s not really as winnable by brute force methods. Those happen often so everyone has a chance.

I’m waiting for giveaway to have something I’d like… Mini 3 too like the Mini 2 I have unused in draw (prefer the Icon Mini).

1 Like

I understand now why you can’t change something here.
I still have a question:
You’ve traveled the world, so you have a job.
You have a job, so you have money.
You probably live in the USA, you know modern technologies, so you probably earn good money at work. Which makes you want to spend many, many, many hours writing various comments and reviews to later
after many months, to get or not to get an electronic gadget for several dozen dollars. You could probably buy it for yourself with money earned at work.
I am asking out of curiosity, because I am fascinated by why you spend so many hours of your time here. If you had used this time in your professional work, you would have earned money for many more gadgets. It all looks like a big “electronic volunteering” :slightly_smiling_face:

Why yes, but I’m operating 5 computers simultaneously.

1 Like

What position do you work in and in what company is it not a secret?

And is this system of points and rewards also for users from Europe and Poland?
I haven’t asked about that yet, that should be my first question.

Some things are USA specific.

Am I missing something, I haven’t seen 9 and 10 post or even being active on the boards…

A new user at start of month, get 50 points then can get 5 a day just sharing a thread. They fall away no chance of leaderboard win unless they spend a month sustained effort. But there’s no reason why an individual cannot create many accounts and crowd out all the regulars for a month. As someone said recently, the thing they’d win would be worth $50-$100 and for the effort, they’d be better working instead.

You can see new members created daily here. I find it more academically interesting more than a big issue. The coding effort to be a bot to win all competitions is an interesting problem, they’ve not done it here yet as it’s not been worthwhile.

https://community.soundcore.com/g/trust_level_0?desc=true&order=added_at

Right now a new account every minute. Hopefully individuals interested in Soundcore.

1 Like

And these stamps have some meaning?
[Appreciated]

This badge is granted when you receive at least one like on 20 different posts. The community is enjoying your contributions to the conversations here

Hopefully not.

Likes invites bots. You don’t want to invite bots. This community is healthy and they did the right thing to not reward likes. Rewards based on judged talent is the best way in my view. Automated reward invites automation.

1 Like

Intersting. I never thought of that. But it makes sense. Free expensive tech might be worth it.

You are here everyday and spent a lot of time on here but you still aren’t in first. I can’t image how long the others are on here.

1 Like

Thank you for the extensive explanation.
Imagine that everything you are reading now will be in a Polish language that you do not understand.
And you have to understand everything by using a translator that is not perfect, I am trying to understand with the help of Google translator.
If I upset you, I apologize.
Have a good weekend🙂!

Claim.

Fact:

https://community.soundcore.com/u?order=days_visited&period=quarterly

There are 7 people here every day. I’m not one of them. Scroll down til you see me or you.

Agreed, it takes true focus to win leaderboard. I don’t have it.

https://community.soundcore.com/u?order=topic_count&period=quarterly

1 Like

Correction, I should have said you are here almost every day or it may seem like it. :grinning:

I use to check in everyday now its when I have time.

1 Like

I likely spend less time answering questions than @The_Professor does. Consistency of timing and posts is key to the leaderboard - it doesn’t take that long per day. See the post prof linked above.

But I’m stopping because it is silly and stopped being fun. And as @sodojka said, it isn’t the best use of even limited time.

So now I stop by and check out interesting threads or ones where I am tagged, and hit share on social media every day or two. But still here daily because it is in my “daily” bookmarks folder.

3 Likes

That’s the same for me… it’s not fun anymore. But do like to stop by and help out when I can

2 Likes

Those accounts are bot accounts when the leaderboard is initially created… are they not?

Still haven’t won a weekly giveaway #rigged :joy:

2 Likes