Thanks to everyone who participated in our Headphone Jack Survey, we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us.
In today’s post, I’m going to dig through the survey to bring you the most interesting findings—make sure you let me know what you think of the results in the comments below
Let’s get the least unsurprising finding out of the way first; as expected most of the voters are from the USA and UK (56% and 34% respectively). However, something that caught our eye was that 40% of those who took part are in the 31-40 range, with the next biggest representation being the under 17s with a whole 17%. Any ideas as to why these are the most popular age ranges? And where are all the 22-30 year olds?
One of the most divisive questions of the survey was definitely “Is audio better with the jack?“ with “Yes” just creeping into the lead with 40% of the votes, and “Not Sure” biting at its heels:
Question: Is audio better with the jack?
What do you think? It seems like a good percentage of people are still somewhat on the fence when it comes to differences in sound quality and that’s definitely been reflected in the discussions that have been going on in the comments section of our recent posts.
For me, the most interesting finding was that while a lot of people think audio sounds better with the jack, nearly 50% of you (49% to be exact) wouldn’t go back to wired headphones—signifying a lot of us more tempted by the convenience of wireless headphones than returning to the daily struggle of untangling wired ones.
Question: If flagship phones brought back the jack would you go back to wired?
So what did you say when we asked about Liberty 2 Pro and sound quality? In response to the question: Has Liberty 2 Pro changed your perception of true wireless earbud sound quality? 58% of you haven’t had your perceptions changed because you don’t own a pair of Liberty 2 Pro yet—make sure you grab a pair soon! Of the remaining 42% of respondents, 33% thought that Liberty 2 Pro had changed their perception and just 9% said it hadn’t. And it’s not just the survey which shows people’s expectations of sound quality from true wireless earbuds are changing, check out Major Hifi’s recent review in which they say: “[Liberty 2 Pro’s] sound quality is great on these earbuds. They’re punchy, crispy, and full of details.” Or how about a review on Military which states that Liberty 2 Pro is “the single best listening experience I’ve had at under $200, and that includes in-ear, on-ear and over-ear headphones.”
And finally even though half of those who took part haven’t yet heard Liberty 2 Pro for themselves yet, you’re still more likely to choose Liberty 2 Pro over other headphones, earphones, and earbuds:
Question: How likely are you to choose Liberty 2 Pro over other headphones, earphones, and earbuds?
We hope you’ve enjoyed this mini-series, and stay tuned because we’ve got lots more coming your way before the end of the year. I can’t say too much, but it might be a good idea to keep a close eye on YouTube in the coming days. You never know where Liberty 2 Pro might pop up next…
If you’ve got any theories or ideas, share them in the comments below!