Hearing music / watching a video while chatting on MS Teams

Hello,
I just bought the Soundcore Life Q30 (FW 1.90) for using it as a Headset for Calls via MS Teams in particular.
I noticed that when I am on a call, I can’t play any other audio. (e.g. Youtube videos or spotify). It seems like when the microphone is in use, this just won’t work. (Might be an issue with the bluetooth connection)
Do you have any advises for me?

Another question: Does the Q30 work with a four phased AUX cable? (3 black rings) With the included three phased cable, the Q30 uses the microphone of the notebook which results in a bad voice noise

Thank you :slight_smile:

Normal.

To switch microphone on it switches to headset profile and the app cannot do the codec any more. Either/or.

Look at your included AUX cable, it is for sound only, it is 3 core not 4 core. Microphone is not from the headphones when cabled.

No you cannot use a 4 pole mic cable to enable mic. The socket and cable are not 4 pole.

If windows machine, you should have 2 options for sound profile.

If you right click the speaker / sound icon in the task bar (lower right) you should have option for AG hands free, and stereo.

With the notebook, select the stereo and that way you can use the mic from the notebook and should have good sound on the headphones.

If you try to use the ag hands free, the sound quality suffers.

Also within teams, there are some settings and testing you can do prior to a meeting, that will allow you to check audio quality.

Note I have the Q10s since sept last year, and after a call to support have still not gotten them to work as desired (same as your intent), with a 4 pole aux cable too.

I’ll see if I can find the thread with the screen shots and help, and edit in the link shortly

edited in link
Jan 28

I think you mean the socket and cable NEED to be 4 pole to work. They aren’t 4 pole is the problem.

1 Like