How important is ANC to you?

• ANC is highly important to me
  • ANC is somewhat of interest to me
  • ANC is not needed by me

0 voters

So as a new owner of Q30, the ANC is useful. I’d like better ANC, like I have now in other $250+ products.

I’m seeing a lot of threads which suggests sound quality matters more than ANC, and when ANC worsens sound quality it is consistently negative feedback.

Poll is to see if that observation is true.

1 Like

I live in shitty neighborhoods so to me good ANC is essential.

We already have good (enough) over the ear headphones with ANC in the sub $100 price category. My Life Q20s were a boost to my quality of life. The Q30s are apparently even better.

But we still don’t have good enough ANC earbuds in that price category.

The product that I want the most is a pair of ear buds for <$100 that cancel sound as well as my $50 Life Q20s but apparently the technology hasn’t reached that price point yet.

About sound quality I’m not an audiophile so I’m OK with headphones sounding good if not great. I hate too much bass though.

1 Like

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Life-Dot-2-NC/344796148 You are welcome

1 Like

I haven’t tried those myself but according to early reviews they cancel sound as meh as every other ANC earbud in that price range which would make sense because from what I understand many of these share the same technology but in different packages. I would love to be proved wrong though.

1 Like

As a college student, I would say ANC is very important to me. The dorms are usually noisy as are roommates so it’s nice to be able to tune them out nicely. Sure I like to have good audio as well because there is no point in good ANC with really bad audio but I would rather have good ANC with decent audio than decent ANC and good audio.

1 Like

AHH student days.

Back then no ANC, so if you used speakers and not headphones we held you down and shaved your head on one side as first offence.

Hope they are considerate for you or the Mohican style may return.

1 Like

ANC and Ambient Sound would be good features to include in some of their earbuds

I’ve had the LA2 for a while and the app to customize the button would allow for what you ask, I’d have thought easily? For buds which do ANC and ambient.

I have Bose and Sony and interesting to see the difference. Soundcore app allows more tweaking than any other.

ANC is different challenge buds Vs over-ear as the natural noise isolation is different so the ANC has to be tuned for each.

1 Like

With what currently have, and the enviro I’m in, no need or interest for ANC. The L2Ps boast some darn good passive NC, good enough to keep the zzzzzzs at an unnoticeable level at the lake.

Am mostly needed… transparency@ambient mode.wish anker could update it.

ANC is pretty important in some products, and much less so in others. In the house, it doesn’t matter much. On the plane, top priority. So if I want one product for both it is pretty important to have all the features including ANC.