How many products will get USB-C?

I’m starting to feel spoiled. Every time I go to look for a new speaker or headphones the first thing I check for is a USB-C charging port. Anker-SoundCore is doing a great job implementing it to their high-end products but will the smaller stuff like the next generation of the SoundCore 2 get it? I hate micro-usb cables with a passion. I’m reaching a point where I won’t buy things that have a micro-usb port.

A good business decision for anker would be to never make another product with micro USB.

We shall see what happens though.

2 Likes

I personally would like this decision but why do you think it would be a good business decision?

1 Like

Eventually, it will be on all new products. But taking its sweet time.

1 Like

I agree with @TechMan. It would be the smart decision and set their products at the forefront of the industry.

1 Like

Haha, we have been saying this for years.

2 Likes

Preaching to the choir here

2 Likes

I guess I’m the one in choir who’s tone deaf then…:wink:

I personally could care less if the device uses MicroUSB or USB-C. As long as a cable is provided to charge the device, it’s all good

1 Like

I’ve had bad experiences with this type of port. The pins wear faster on both the cables and the ports and you have to be looking directly at it to insert the cable correctly on most devices. It’s a format that absolutely needs to go the way of the mini-usb. I understand usb-c costs more to produce but I’m willing to pay for it and I’m certain there are 10’s of thousands of other people who feel somewhat like I do.