How to get best experience of music through ios device because ios doesn't support aptX codec(Soundcore Liberty air 2)

How to get best experience of music through ios device because ios doesn’t support aptX codec.(Soundcore Liberty air 2)

There is a possibility to activate that Qualcomm protocol for IOS.
Search by Google.

I found this, but I am definitely no IOS user, so I don’t know if it works.
no garanty

sudo defaults write bluetoothaudio “Enable AptX codec” -bool true`

Unfortunately this is incorrect, IOS does not support aptx and there is no way to enable it.

2 Likes

Ja, there is difference between IOS and macOS.
I am not an Apple user.:roll_eyes:

Someone posted an article about codecs earlier, but AptX may not help as much as you are imagining. Are you experiencing bad sound? Because that might indicate other issues.

1 Like

aptX is supported on Qualcom chips only

3 Likes

I’m a iOS and Windows user myself and I will say that I have had best experience with my iPhone whether it’s sound quality or bluetooth range even though my laptop and iPhone probably because my laptop is at Bluetooth 4.0 and iPhone 7 at 4.2

1 Like

Yeah, I also found this on google

No, It’s not a big issue. But I have tested oneplus phone and also my iphone. There is significant better bass and treble on Oneplus phone. Previously, I had listen mp3 format song but after some researches now I’m listening AAC and FLAC audio extension music and gets much more better sound on my iphone.

1 Like

I’m also a Iphone 7 and windows user :grin:

Mostly what I listen to is through a streaming service (spotify / pandora / youtube) or audiobooks / speech content. So I don’t have a lot of control over the source sound.

There’s complex commercial issues behind this, we as consumers have little control.

Apple do their own chips, the H1 in their airpods. Qualcomm is a competittor, do their own chips, and own AptX.

So for iPhone to do AptX would require Apple to license, so pay money, to their competitor.

Many Android phones are on Qualcomm, not using Apple hardware, and so have no issue with AptX.

These are significantly competing hardware ecosystems with overlaying software, and I suspect the consumers are just forced into picking either/or but you can’t pick both.

1 Like