How to get Hi-Res Audio with Anker Q30 while watching Netflix?

Hi all,

How can we get Hi-Res Audio while watching Netflix? I have a brand-new Sony TV but I’m not sure if I get the hi-res sound. As far as I know, I can’t get hi-res sound with wireless, so what is the way to watch Netflix with Hi-Res?

Unsure specifically if you can do that with netflix.

I do know that netflix has a setting to how you want to watch it SD up to HD mode. So I figure HD would give a better sound potentially but do not know if that would equal to Hi Res sound.

If it’s broadcast in Hi-Res you would have to use the 3.5mm cord hooked up to the headphone jack. Amazon (and other places) sell 3.5mm extension cords (Female to Male).

Or something like this this if you don’t want to use the supplied cord in the chain.

This is assuming your TV has a 3.5mm headphone output (jack)

PS I’m just giving you examples. I don’t know the length of extension cord you would need if you want to go that route (heck, if you’re sitting closed enough you might not need an extension cord at all, but it’s it’s a Big-Screen, that’s doubtful) .

3 Likes

@Steve976 I would also like to ask :slightly_smiling_face:: Can I somehow connect my smartphone to the old, traditional amplifier, to its AUX socket, to listen to music from it?

3 Likes

Ok I can try it in this way but do you think that I can get Hi-Res sound with this setup?

Or can I hear the the difference between Wireless Sound and Wired Sound of Q30?

1 Like

I’m not sure what you’re asking but I think you want to connect your smartphone to an old receiver to listen to music from the connected speakers of your stereo @sodojka . There is a cable that that you can plug into your smartphones headphone jack (3.5mm for Android) that terminates into two (2) RCA jacks that can plug into your old stereo Aux jack. This is a sample what I’m talking about (they come in different lengths).

If I misunderstood your question, feel free to message me.

Cheers,
Steve

3 Likes

Well if you use Bluetooth your limited to the amount of information the CODEC can pass. That will be ~320 kbps max (with SBC or AAC), the CODEC the Q30 supports . If you use a wired connection there is no such limit. It will pass the full signal.

Now that being said I don’t have Netflix so I’m not sure if they broadcast in HI-REZ. I also can’t answer whether or not you will be able to hear a difference if they do. My guess is you would be able to hear a difference, but how much I can’t say (this is assuming they broadcast HI-REZ sound).

I hope I was able to answer your question. Good Luck.

Edit: I would suggest you buy from somewhere like Amazon that offers a generous return policy in case you aren’t happy with the difference in sound quality.

2 Likes

I had such a cable at home. I connected it to an amp and it works very well. I will also buy a cable with a USB C output and try to connect to a newer smartphone without a jack output. Thanks for the help :smiley:.

1 Like

Something like that should work. I’m disappointed that some (most) new phones are doing away with headphone jacks.

1 Like

I have already ordered this cable - on Tuesday I will check this connection :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

You can use a bluethooth to Aux adapter like this one

So you can connect every device independently what kind of socket it has.