How was your blackfriday haul?

What did everyone score this year? I was honestly a bit dissapointed with the sales.

The only things I got that were actually BF sales and not just regular sales were a $5 Amazon Smart Switch and an iPad for a Christmas gift.

We’ll see what Cyber Monday brings!

Lemme see. I got a kindle fire because got $30 I just had to try it. I got a gift (can’t say because the recipient has a community account). I got 33% off it so that was nice.

For cyber Monday I plan to get some Wyze electronics. They have some sales going on that I plan to take advantage of

The black Wyze cam is being sold right now. I picked one up, but I don’t really count that as a black friday sale. lol

Yeah but they do have sales still. I’m going to get a black cam, as well as the Wyze bulbs

Ah nice. I stay away from WiFi devices for my home automation. I like to keep the 2.4 and 5.0 GHz frequencies as open as possible for other things. Not to mention, cloud is gross. :slight_smile:

I think they have some open/close sensors too you should check out if you haven’t already. I’m doing some pretty fun stuff with open/close sensors and smart bulbs / smart switches.

Yeah I need to get my hands on the sensor kit. Since there’s no deal on it right now it can wait though.

Got a new TV stand. Few other online deals, small toys and clothes for the family.

I looked at one of those. But despite the cool color, not quite ready to pull the trigger.

I have been out to Target, Kohls, Macys, Walmart,… these deals look pale, nothing great. Kohls & Macys has bloated prices plus the discounts. Nothing great, have seen better deals before the Black Friday… hope to see better Cyber Monday deals…

Amazon has some great deals on MicroSD Cards, went for some of these

Do you have any other Wyze cams?

No. Thinking about it. Have a few others from a beta test, so it isn’t urgent.

They are really nice cameras and worth every cent. Having the 7 day cloud storage is really useful. On board storage is sad because someone can just steal the cameras.

bought couple of those Black Wyze Cams…

I worked so didn’t shop. But I did snag my wife a new mic and stand for when she’s streaming. It was an extreme pricing mistake, but amazon honored it…they emailed me and told me it was a pricing error and canceled the order, but after some back and forth they went ahead and put the order through.

Interesting. How much did you get off the new mic?

Amazon customer service can be a pain to deal with, but in the end they usually come around.

It listed for 128, I paid $21.68

1 Like

Nice! Which mic?

It’s a Blue yeti condenser microphone

Oh cool, probably the same one I have (maybe a different color). Just a heads up condenser mics will pick up A LOT of noise around it depending on the profile used.

It took me a while to get it to a good usable configuration, and I still want to tweak it more. But I also knew nothing about microphones when I got it. lol

Thats a great price!

Sales in UK have been crap, most places inflate prices week beforehand so don’t really get any kinda decent deals.

I’m gonna pick up a few cables tomorrow