I have two Soundcore life dot 2 earbuds. Is it possible to switch their charging cases or it might affect something?

I have two Soundcore life dot 2 earbuds one is old and the other is just recently acquired. I’m planning to sell the new one but I wanted to keep its case and switch it with the old one

Will there be any issues regarding the performance or anything else?

i would say it doesn’t matter at all. if these are fitting into the charging cases.
Of course you have to check first if plugs and sockets are identical and try to charge both in the swapped charging cases.

They are completely identical…they are both soundcore life dot 2 model

Im just worried about mainly pairing issues cause they have different serial number as they’re purchased at different times

I suppose pairing/connecting has nothing to to with the case.
This is for charging only, so far I know.

But I am not an expert of earbuds, so others should/might know better. :grin:

I’d do a reset in the “wrong case” to see if it does any harm before selling your spare. Of course if it does fail that proves the case is tied to the buds and so making it useless to sell!

I cannot see any valid technical reason why a case is tied to the buds. That would be bizarre, cause huge manufacturing costs. Imagine in the factory when they test the L and R and case and say the case fails, they’d have to discard the L and R buds also. Illogical therefore on cost grounds. And no technical benefit of tying them together. I can see technical reasons why a L and R bud are tied to each other as that helps stop them getting confused.

The perfect design I’d like is none of the parts are tied to each other, and all the reset signal does is then tie whichever L and R are in the case at the same time so you can buy separately each part. That is a more complex process.

1 Like

Yes I agree to this… it would be nice if they build a system where it’s a lot easier to buy single parts for each model as it would be a lot convenient in cases where one gets defected or loss, and buying a whole entire unit wont cost that much or leaving an extra one that’s not being used

As for the test

I DID test it out first trying to mix and matches the earbuds, as I am trying to get the better looking ones :smile:

And what I only discovered was earbuds are paired to each and so far I’m convinced that the case has not affected any pairing system…SO FAR

1 Like

I do not think the case is paired to the earbuds s the Soundcore site do sell cases.

Before I gave my father some Liberty 2 earbuds which looks just like the Liberty 2 Pro, I was able to charge them in the Liberty 2 case.

I think you would be good.

Will say that somebody stated that they were able to get two other earbuds connected (think Air 2) but no specifics on how it was done…

1 Like

I don’t see why not. Probably would be best to reset the Buds though just in case.

1 Like