I lost one of the earbud

I agree it would be nice to have but I don’t see the economics of a designed and made in China (mostly) with many new products a year, each with slightly different hardware versions, would work. It could be made to work but at huge cost.

Certainly a discount on refurbished whole new set could be made to happen, for like-hardware.

The raw manufacturing cost, so purely just the delta cost of another pair, is a fraction of the purchase price. Most of the price is covering the non-manufacturing cost (design, support, etc).

Support should be able to cover that at the back end, supplying another pair at a profitable but lower price.

If Soundcore were very different, one product, or one a year in the 3 main types, then the reduction in varieties would made the idea of selling spares more viable. But I don’t see how the way Soundcore is releasing products as fast as they are is going to make a reliable method for spares. So I see whole new sets at discounted price to do the next viable method.

That would be great as I lost my right and have just the left and that’s not connecting either.

Hello, I have contacted support and still waiting for their response. I will buzz you if they tell me crossing both will work. Thanks for reaching out

Abuse is at least one concern there - impossible to prove you lost one piece (destroyed might be feasible, but you might not still have it depending on how). So anyone could claim that and get a discounted second pair.

Buying a single piece is only useful to someone who only lost a single piece. And I would price the pieces such that buying all three separately would cost a little more than a whole new set. So it would not be a way to build your own for cheaper.

I hate to see pointless and avoidable waste. These earbuds aren’t repairable at all - for the components to also not be replaceable adds insult to injury.

I see both sides.

On the one hand, if you cared about landfill, waste, you’d not be buying the product in the first place. It is inherently more wasteful to buy produts you don’t really need, particularly ones which are wireless as they are more total product. There is more total product, more total waste, buying more audio products, and buying wireless over wired. The component cost of the case is more than the wire it negates.

On the other hand, it is comforting to blame the manufacturer more than oneself and ask for spares.

Consumerism is the primary cause of waste.

Customer service responded and was disappointed when I was told using another earbud from another pair will not work if paired. They all have different serial numbers. :pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive:. Very disappointed

I have the same problem. If paired with another, it will not work. So disappointing

Customer support obviously know more than me and I defer to their knowledge.

But I don’t believe it. I do not think each bud is physically coded with the serial number. I think the case is and when reset each bud gets their S/N from the case through data through the pins. My reason for thinking this are that the reset instructions are all related to the case, reset button on case reset the buds when in the case and case is on via being open. The case is controlling everything. I think the case gets the hardware code of each bud and shares it with the other bud when in the case. That way the factory can make a thousand L buds, a thousand R buds, then just place a L and a R in the case and pair them to each other in the case.

I expect the two buds to be required to be identical versions of hardware, and over time the hardware slightly changes so different buds not from the same batch won’t work together.

I think in the factory the worker takes a L bud and a R bud and put in a case, and do something, like a special button press. I think the special press is just the reset instructions, or similar. If similar we just need support to tell us what they do in the factory… could be press and hold for 20 seconds. I’m guessing and so won’t be correct.

I don’t believe they are manufacturing each bud as a pair, physically burned into each pair their S/N, that would be a costly step as then each bud would have to be kept tracked from manufacturing through the process. It would also cost more as if an L / R bud was bust, didn’t pass testing, the R / L bud would have to be destroyed too. So no, I don’t think each bud is hard coded to the other bud.

I also have healthy skepticism of why they say it can’t be done, it blurs warranty process.

I think they solve warranty issues by just sending out a whole new set, sometimes refurbished to keep costs down and if its not all their fault (e.g. customer lost a bud) they use goodwill gesture of a discount off new (e.g. 50% off) which is still less cost for them than keeping stock of buds separately.

I know you guys are thinking these are $100+ buds and expensive, but really, the raw hardware cost is likely around $20 or less.

1 Like

Hi Lost my left ear bud but I willing to buy you the left side ear bud

Hello, I contacted support and was told using 2 different earbuds from 2 different casing will not work. So it means 1 from me and 1 from you will not work as a pair. So sad. Sorry

1 Like

:pensive: well anyway Thanks for you answer and help

Thanks for writing this. With us, sometimes people sell one handset. Now I know it won’t help, because it won’t work anyway😟.

Exactly. Someone offered to give me the right ear but I had to ask and that’s when I was told 2 different earbuds will not work as 1 earbud. So sad thooo

1 Like

@gbolaga I also have these great Liberty 2 Pro headphones, it’s a pity that 1 got lost.:worried:
In this case, it is better to buy Q35 - here 1 will not get lost.:wink:
Greetings from Poland!:wave:t2:

@Rusel look for refurbished ones at https://www.anker.com/deals/refurbished most of them are Soundcore. I see one at the moment.

Do you still have the left one?

Hey I lost my left ear but still have my right so would be interested to buy the left off you?

Can I buy your left one off you?

Can I buy your left one off you?

Hi
I have an Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2 (NOT the Pro version)
and I lost the right earbud.

Is anyone offering the right earbud?

Thanks

1 Like