I wish the SoundCore Motion+ had more bass

I wish SoundCore could push an update for the Motion+ to have more bass and sub bass. I wanna feel that rumble in my chest when I’m listening to music. I was going to return it, but something about the clarity in this speaker is making me decide to keep it.

What do you expect from such a small speaker? :wink:
This is not a huge disco- speaker! :smiley:
For me the m+ is quite fine after I made some eq adjustments.
Try such eq settings, by using the soundcore app.

May be a Rave is a better option for you!
But I can not tell you exactly -> don’t own such one.
Others can do,

It’s not that small. It’s long if anything

But obviously not “long” enough for the strong basses you would like to have. :grinning:
Do you use, or better know other bt speakers in that size to compare with that m+?

Just as Franz said, its a small speaker. To get substantial bass out of any type of speaker, you need:

1. More air volume behind the speaker drivers (a larger speaker enclosure)
  2. Compensation via EQ

A passive radiator (which nearly all Soundcore speakers utilize) can help but only so much.

1 Like

I located the speakers in front of mine at the same height of my listening ears.
To find out the best location for speakers needs a while, same as the fitting eq tuning!

1 Like

With the right EQ, the Motion+ can play down to ~60Hz, which is pretty impressive considering the form factor!
Here’s my outdoor, free field measurements which I based my EQ settings on. For reference, the red graph shows the in-room response of a Revel F208 speaker as measured by ASR. No smoothing was applied to my measurements.

1 Like

I notice i’m a little late to this but…

I would totally recommend the Soundcore Rave Neo if you want deep bass. It’s the same price as the Motion+, physically twice the size, and plays a lot louder. It plays bass a lot stronger than the Motion+ and plays a little deeper, the “sub” bass peaks at about 55hz and reaches as low as 50hz, (I feel the bass in my chest if i’m close to the speaker) maybe even lower if you put the speaker in a corner, and if you use the custom EQ in the Soundcore app to add bass.

And if buying a new speaker is outside your plans, try this on the Custom EQ on the Motion+: max out the 80 and 150hz bands, and put the 300 hz band at about -3dB. This will make the sub bass appear a little stronger. :wink:

1 Like

Can you share your Soundcore app EQ settings for it please?