If One Soundcore Moton Boom Is Great, Then Two Must Be Better? (Review)

This review is concerning the Soundcore Motion Boom(s). I recently received my second Motion Boom. I got pretty good deals on mine. The 1st one was from Amazon who had a $10 discount so it was $79.99. The 2nd was from Newegg on sale and it was $76.49 but I also had a 10% off code which brought it down to $68 and change. Long story short, I paid a touch less than $150 for the pair. Even at the full price of $180 for the pair, I think the sound quality vs price is a steal of a deal.

Specs:
Power: 30W
Drivers: 2 x 2.5" Titanium Drivers, 2 x Passive Bass Radiators
Ports: USB C to charge the Motion Boom, USB A to charge other devices from the Boom like your phone
Waterproof: IPX7 - Floats (I havenā€™t personally tested this)
Playtime: Up to 24 hours
Battery: 10,000 mAh

Review:
I originally bought one Motion Boom and needless to say was very happy. Which lead me to buy a second one. The sound quality of one was very good (using my own settings on the EQ available through the Soundcore App). To me it has a rich, full sound. Plenty of low end bass (plays down to ~40 Hz). The mids and highs are good as well. Itā€™s loud without distorting.

When the second one arrived I easily paired it to the original Motion Boom via TWS (True Wireless Stereo). I tested it with playing Bad Company by Bad Company at ~70% volume. I then turned on the second one and literally jumped when it kicked in (I had a huge smile on my face). The difference was unbelievable. I could literally feel the sound. The sound-stage was great (I had them about 10 feet apart). I tested that with What Is and What Should Never Be by Led Zeppelin. At about 3:30 the guitar jumps back and forth from the left to right channel. It passed with flying colors.

Summary:
I highly recommend the Motion Boom. If you can swing it two is even better than one hooked up in TWS. I really canā€™t see anyone being disappointed. Personally, these have been my best purchases in quite a long time.

Notes:
I purchased both Motion Booms with my own money. I donā€™t work for Soundcore or Anker. No one asked me to say any of this. Iā€™m just a happy customer
Music mentioned:

I hope you enjoyed reading the review. If you have any questions, Iā€™ll be happy to answer them to the best of my ability.

9 Likes

I agree with this! 2 is better than 1! They make a massive sound!

1 Like

When the second one kicked in, I was amazed. I expected it to be better, but not that much better. It actually took me by surprise. :+1:

1 Like

Nice deal Iā€™m not a huge speaker person since I share space with my fam and we all have different music tastes but when I start to branch out to more speakers besides my flare 2 Iā€™ll give this a look. Nice review by the way

1 Like

Well done @Steve976 to the point and well put.

I also appreciate the links to the music videos from you testing :+1:

1 Like

Thanks guys for the feedback and kind words, I appreciate it.

PS I edited the first post to add some more pictures.

1 Like

@Steve976 Instead of buying the Q35 you put in $ 20 and youā€™ve got a great speaker set. Good idea!:+1:t2:
I wonder if even more speakers can be connected ā€¦

1 Like

@sodojka with TWS its only 2 of the same model in stereo. However some are party cast speakers which I believe up to 100 can be connected but in mono (with party cast I donā€™t believe they need to be the same model, just party cast speakers). Personally I prefer TWS because I like stereo and I donā€™t have 100 speakers. :grin:

2 Likes

@Steve976 Ok, now I understand. Thanks for the clarificationšŸ‘šŸ»!

1 Like

@sodojka Youā€™re welcome my friend. The way these Motion Booms work in TWS is actually pretty cool. Once you pair them once they remember as long as you donā€™t reset them. If you turn them both on when they are range of each other, they automatically go into TWS mode. Only 1 speaker connects to your phone, itā€™s the master or left channel. It controls the slave or right channel. I even tried setting different custom EQs for the slave {right} but it still played the same one that was set on the master {left}, which is what you want. The master also controls the volume. Itā€™s really a slick setup the way they work.

1 Like

two is better makes it a party

1 Like

Thatā€™s for sure. I agree 100%.:+1:

I went the route of the flare 2s. Currently have 3, and gave some to family members at Christmas time.

Costco had a great deal here, 2 pack for $109. :flushed:

Not planning to get 100, but one never knowsā€¦

1 Like

@Steve976 You described it allšŸ‘šŸ» - thanks again.
Have a good day at the lake!:grinning:

1 Like

I spent part of the day yesterday on the porch listening to Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon through the Motion Booms in TWS. By the way that is a great album to test out new speakers, headphones, or earbuds with. I had a smile on my face the whole time while listening to it (the more I listen to the Motion Booms, the more I like them).

1 Like