Improving Soundcore noise cancellation

So I recently got some Sony WH-1000XM3

Their noise cancelling is excellent. The price less so. They are replacing some Bose QC35 over 3 years old who’s batteries are dying (go flat quick) and the Youtube guides to replace looked frightening.

I paid £240 for them.

As I own both the Bose and Sony, I have been doing side-by-side comparison and the Sony are much better at isolating. Low-tech tests like just tapping consistently on a desk while swapping headphones.

I also own the Anker Soundcore Life P2, Slim (upgraded).

Generally I prefer to have the Slim in my ear as it’s good sound quality and I cannot lose 1 bud, but Life P2 is good for moving around without a wire dragging. BUT…

Can Soundcore make NC as good as the Sony’s? If not, why not?

The Sony’s make my ears sweat, they seem to rely on physical pressure to make an air seal and then the NC. Not particularly good as we enter summer. The Bose less sweaty, but for sure something like the Life P2 would be my perfect in-ear solution if they could make NC as good as the Sony.

Can you?

2 Likes

Have you tried the Soundcore Space NC or the Q20 headphones yet? They get you about 85% of the ANC of both Sony and Bose at 1/3 of the price. It can be improved but I’m sure we would see a major price increase as well.

1 Like

No haven’t. The reviews of their ANC have not been stellar. I didn’t pick up the 85% aspect.

Is there an objective measuring way to know? (fake head, microphone, spectrum analyzer)

Not that I’m aware of. I’m going based off personal experience with 30+ sets of ANC headphones at various price points.