Internal memory in Soundcore products

@The_Professor Thanks for this extensive lecture :clap:.

ā€œIā€™d be very cautious if I were within Soundcore to decide to that as then youā€™re building a platform, equivalent to launching a new phoneā€.

The risk in life and in the development of technology often pays off.
If you donā€™t take the risk, you stand still. And when you are standing still, you are overtaken by others who have financial resources and can to risk something.

I have such a house, icf walls (insulated concrete), and when I had first got my L2Ps I had my iPad inside the house whilst doing yard work. It was at the back of my house.

I was able to walk along the side yard to the front without and drop outs or disconnects. I had posted some photos some time back.

Seemed to be okay.

Challenge I see with onboard memory, is it will never be enough, as quality of music recording drives file size. Similar with movies and such. So if one could manage an micro sd port, it may only hold a few songsā€¦

1 Like

what about an older phone you donā€™t use now, kept as a backup which you plug in to broadcast Bluetooth from a dead spot?

Always prefer SD card.

3 Likes

I always prefer SD too. It works out cheaper and more flexible. But in the very smallest devices it adds bulk as instead of only the flash chip you have also the controller and slot.

Thereā€™s certainly no downside to SD in speakers, probably no downside in headphones and probably downside in earphones.

3 Likes

Funny thing as I was doing a look through on Amazon and this caught my eye. It looks similar to the soundcore speakers but it has something extraā€¦ A SD slot. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Duane_Lester And it costs $ 41 :slightly_smiling_face:.
Similar price to the Soundcore speaker. The addition of an SD slot and all the SD card playback technology is therefore not something that increases the price of the product very much :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

@The_Professor, @TheSnarkyOne, @VertigoXX As for the type of internal memory, I would also choose a mini SD card :+1:t2:.
See how they did it on smartphones. Aesthetic slot (SIM or micro SD card drawer) that cannot be seen.
I would insert a 128 GB card, for example.
This is so much memory that I can accommodate a lot of files (even if they were LDAC files).

1 Like

I thought you would potentially like it. With that said, I could not tell you what kind of speaker the vonzon is or how it sounded.

What I will say is that I have from time to time I have viewed several brand and their devices. Some of the devices that I have seen were actually kinda need in some of their design.

I do not know the brand or such but this one device still stands out to me. It was a small nano type speaker. It split into so that you had two smaller 1/2 speakers and inside the speakers was a pair of earbuds that used the speakers to charge. So you had the option to use the speaker or the earbuds.

@TheSnarkyOne In my house, I also have a problem in a few rooms of little use: the basement, the attic of the house and the garage.
The roof is covered with a metal sheet and there is no Internet - stationary or mobile.
I work there often, sometimes there is a lot of dust, so for example headphones or Motion Boom with SD memory would be a great solution for me .

1 Like

I agree on the device. Some BT devices have better antennas or at least better placement. I have several pairs of Soundcore products I can go well past the recommended distance when theirs a clear line of site and still somewhat past the distance through several walls. I can generally walk all around my 1800 square foot home without issue with these devices. But my Spirit Dots and donā€™t do well if my phone is in my back pocket and my Life P2s is even worse. The dots start fading out before they get to the max distance and donā€™t work that well in the house if I move 2 rooms over. The P2s do well inside.

I wouldnā€™t want an SD card or internal storage on my earbuds or the case. I already donā€™t like the size of the cases. It isnā€™t much of a big deal if I have my day pack with me and I can put the case in there, but putting the case in my pocket can get annoying.

It would be a nice option to have the option to play music from an SD card or internal memory. Most of my purchased music is stored on a media drive and I link it to my plex server so I can listen to music when the internet is down.

3 Likes

Did you know what happened to Psion? Or Nokia?

Or Windows Mobile?

All expensive experiments. Could bring Anker down if they did other than use Android - what they did with Nebula.

They have chosen down the client-server paradigm in Soundcore of ā€œdumbā€ products and ā€œsmartā€ Android/iOS app, that means only settings, but not media, are stored in their product.

If they cache date on the audio product is viable. Thereā€™s enough capability in Bluetooth - FTP - to copy media. So it is viable.

But to add an OS to the audio product would probably cause a sacking to the product manager as it causes more losses than it earns. Youā€™re seeing some of this already with Nebula products - app support.

1 Like

Use a media player and AUX connection? You can then move your media to your speaker.

I think just carrying your phone with you will be the answer as that suits 90% of people and Anker needs to sell at scale with reliable products with good support in their business model.

1 Like

Yeah I agree, I like the dots to cut the weed as they have the sweat proof and good seal but I have to use an outdoor table to sit my device on close by or the sound would start to go out as I move away from it.

Thanks for all the clarifications :+1:t2:. Dreams are needed - maybe someday it will be cheap and profitable :slightly_smiling_face:!
I donā€™t have a media player. Can it be connected to AUX (e.g. to a large audio amplifier)? I thought it can only connect to the HDMI jack on the TVā€¦

1 Like

Thanks for your interesting suggestions :slightly_smiling_face:.
When I wrote this thread, I thought that the ability to add internal memory to some Soundcore products would be attractive to people, cheap and fairly easy to do.
However, it is different than I thought ā€¦

2 Likes

You are good. For the speakers and headphone, I can see it for those

"I think the hardest nut to crack would be adding it to rarbudsā€™

Everything is to be done @Steve976 :grinning:!
Funny comment to the whole discussion :joy::

https://fb.watch/85_WgooykN/

2 Likes

Where thereā€™s a will, thereā€™s a way. :rofl:

2 Likes

@Steve976 In Poland: ā€œTo want is to be ableā€ :grinning:

1 Like