Introducing The All-New Sport X10

I’m just short of enough points for the $80 coupon, and will probably wait until I get the missing notes that I am due, then I will definitely go for a pair!

2 Likes

I see that in the US the Sport X10 are $79.99 (which is approx £65.22 in the UK), but we are being charged £89.99 here (almost £25 of a difference in cost).

I understand that the UK cost includes VAT at 20%, so that makes the net price without VAT £74.99 ($61.15).

Do folks in the US get charged a local sales tax when purchasing? Or are the extra costs in the UK due to the living hell of extra import fees etcetera that Brexit has foisted upon us here on this side of the pond?

1 Like

The USA prices exclude sales tax. Example here from California

Or Montana

UK

So excluding local tax its $80 USD vs £75. Current exchange would make $89 USD £66, so Soundcore is charging 14% just because…

That’s not unusual. My last laptop purchase last month I got it for 30% less in a USA visit than buying within UK.

When you buy from a different state you reside in, some vendors add the sales tax applicable to your state, but otherwise you are meant to declare in your tax returns out-of-state purchases and pay, or receive back, the difference in tax.

1 Like

I havent got any tickets for months, though I was always in those “top ten”.
I was promised a lot by the admins to correct this
What happened?
NOTHING

1 Like

As @The_Professor describes, UK prices are often higher for many products. That long predates Brexit, and is generally true for most Western non-US countries.

I think it is related to the hassle of dealing with separate regulatory requirements and support issues for markets that are much smaller by comparison to the US. Even if you think of the EU as one comparable support area, it has a ton of languages and other regional differences as well.

2 Likes

While true that a UK higher price for a small island off Europe to cover small country overheads, Brexit dropped the Pound by 20% so added that to Brexit benefits.

All factual!

Big single markets work best for sellers, one set of paperwork and then access 300M consumers. So USA has advantage, EU has advantage. Canada suffers, UK suffers.

There’s something else going on I think for everyone, a general higher price, independent of currency, whether a small island or a larger continental market.

1 Like

How doe we call this?
Inflation!
Which is ca 8% now

True but suppose the component costs went up 10% and was say 20% of the price. You need to increase price by 2%, not 10% to cover your costs. Increasing by more than is using headlines of inflation as a justification to sneak in more profits…

Just like if say your costs of say fuel+food was 50% of your spend, you need a 5% rise to cover costs, but if 10% of your spend you need 1% rise.

So there’s more going than just commodity cost increases.

However, change is from within, spend less!

1 Like

The price for natural gaz will explode the next winter.
But you know where I live : Trees nearby!..:grinning:
On the other hand fresh cut wood doesn’t burn and heat. :frowning:

2 Likes

Right decision. It’s always better to exchange note for highest nominal coupon