iOS Soundcore app - post all bugs on Q30

Yes, the widget still falls back to outdoor, but at least on start the app shows the last set profile. And the widget now looks right in iOS dark mode. Finally!

Edit: even though the app shows the last ANC mode, if you listen to the hissing, it always sets traffic or outdoor when switching modes with the button on the headphone. Indoor’s hissing is a lot quieter, almost inaudible. It’s definitely not using indoor, only when I use the app to select it.

@richard.hriech Hm, I haven’t had the chance to test that much yet, but that’s not good news then.

What about when you go just from Indoor ANC to Transparency (by covering your ear cup with hand) and then back to ANC, will it stay on Indoor setting and “Indoor hissing”?

What about when you set to Indoor via app and turn off and on your headphones? Is the hissing that of Indoor or not?

I agree that in Indoor mode the hissing is less audible than in other modes.

That is exciting, thank you so much for posting up an update.

Have you thought of posting a review?

@richard.hriech Meh, unfortunately you were right! I just tested it again thoroughly in a quiet room and it seems that as soon as you switch from the real ANC Indoor to, say, Transparency or Normal and then back to ANC, it will default back to Outdoor/Transport, while still showing Indoor as the selected mode. You can tell that by the HISS volume, which is slightly louder in Outdoor/Transport mode than the hiss in Indoor mode. Same thing when you turn OFF and then turn ON again the headphones. Although it will still show Indoor as the selected mode in the app as before I turned off the headphones, the hiss will actually be that of the Outdoor/Transport mode.

So it seems that as soon as you switch from ANC Indoor mode to Transparency/Normal or turn off the headphones, when you switch back to ANC (or turn on your headphones) it will again default to ANC Outdoor (or Transport for that matter) even though it appears as Indoor in the app.

As a result, you always have to manually switch inside the app to another ANC mode and then back to Indoor to really get the Indoor experience. Argh, really frustrating.

1 Like

I corrected my previous post… apparently one of the main issues wasn’t really fixed… :confused:

Not sure about the review…haven’t we already seen too many of those? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Canned out of the box reviews, I’d say yes. But ones relating personal experience and likes and dislikes, not so much.

Maybe I will at some point. I noticed @The_Professor posted his review earlier.

1 Like

I think you should send this to support directly. What you wrote is a much more thorough testing than mine.
Btw Anker should hire us at this point as testers :grinning:

Yeah, they really should. :wink: @Yimi_Liu

I sent a report to them. Please can you also report from your side?

1 Like

I’ll report EVERYTHING once 2.0 drops and these problems are still there. Until then I’m collecting as much experience as I can.

1 Like

There’s plenty of evidence there are beta testers, plenty and they are used often. And yet bugs still get through. Either the testers are not being diverse enough to be a better representative sample of general users, or their feedback is not being fully absorbed.

The bugs prove there’s something broken in who or how they use beta testers.

On a product launch, the reviews released on the same day have a leaning towards lightweight shallow and positive, so there’s doubt they really put product through a thorough stress testing.

I can understand long term reliability issues cannot be captured in beta testing, that takes months and many more units in hands.

1 Like

Custom EQs are still getting created occasionally.

Dammit. So basically they haven’t really fixed anything!

Here’s to hoping these problems are bound to a firmware update and that they will be fixed with 2.0 in two weeks.

Update 2.1 is out according to Soundcore.

Not showing up for me yet.

Where did you read that?

Thanks, hopefully it will show up soon.

So, the latest 2.6.5 update of Soundcore app seems to have finally fixed the Widget issue. Now the widget and app seem to be in accordance.

I’m also on 2.1 firmware and, well, most of the issues I described above still appear more or less:

• the headphones ANC will still default to something slightly different than Indoor hiss when you turn them off with Indoor selected and back ON, or switch from ANC (Indoor) to Transparency/Normal and then back to ANC (Indoor). The hiss will resemble more that of Outdoor than Indoor, until you toggle from Indoor to Outdoor and back to Indoor - then the hiss will finally be that of Indoor (which is the quietest of the three modes)

• as for Custom EQ profile, I haven’t tested on the latest 2.6.5 update yet, but previously it still created a Custom EQ profile by itself occasionally

• BES_BLE still appears on my Bluetooth devices list as soon as I connect to the Soundcore app

But I guess I’m done with reporting these to Soundcore anymore…

I called Anker. the would not acknowledge the SoundCore App would disconnect frequently (multiple times / day) from an IPHONE 7, saying they are backwards compatible.

With the apps unreliability–and had I known —the app being essential to mobilize the features on the buds, i would NOT have bought these Liberty Air 2 Pros. The app simply won’t stay connected to the phone and frequently can’t find the bluetooth.
Phone is in great shape, not too many apps even on my phone. sad.