Is your browser safe against tracking? Use this tool :)

I came across this interesting site to check how much the browser protects you against the trackers and more … Panopticlick a Research Project of the Electronic Frontier Foundation

When you visit a website, online trackers and the site itself may be able to identify you – even if you’ve installed software to protect yourself. It’s possible to configure your browser to thwart tracking, but many people don’t know how.

May be you guys find it useful and choose a browser which does it :wink: :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this info :+1:

1 Like

I worked in web developement for years. There’s so many trackers now that, there isn’t much that can’t be track now.

2 Likes

That’s part of the reason why I use DuckDuckGo for a lot of my browsing. No cookies and no tracking.

1 Like

Ran it against mine, and no real surprises. Mostly good, with a few things that are harder to fix.

Is your browser blocking tracking ads? ✓ yes
Is your browser blocking invisible trackers? ✓ yes
Does your blocker stop trackers that are included in the so-called “acceptable ads” whitelist? ✓ yes
Does your browser unblock 3rd parties that promise to honor Do Not Track? ✗ no
Does your browser protect from fingerprinting? ✗ your browser has a unique fingerprint

Same result as mine, FF is OK that way

I actually use Vivaldi, but nice try.

I tried Chrome, Edge, FF, Brave… Almost all failed, the last 2 - Do Not Track and Fingerprinting fail …

the site should have provided some browsers which could provide these features😁… but that is for.some other day

1 Like

Genau!
I had activated that DNT at FF already and I am sure it works, but that “Panoptikum” :joy: didnt detect.
So you all should not care about much. Software, only software… :wink:

Weekend is coming and we will not be tracked when on our usual activities outside or elsewhere!

1 Like

I got the same results as everyone here :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It did seem like providing suggested improvements (alternative browser, features to adjust or turn off, plugins to add) would have been a lot more useful than just a generic - your browser leaks information!