June 16, 1972: David Bowie Releases ‘The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust’

" David Bowie’s landmark album The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars was released on June 16, 1972. Since its release, the album’s legend has managed to grow year by year, especially since Bowie’s unexpected passing in 2016."

This is my All-Time favorite Bowie album. RIP

2 Likes

How old was I in 1972?
Could be the year I started studying at the university. :laughing:

And those “journalists” need some lessons in simple math.
1972, now 2022!
I would say 50 years difference.
I call this “quality journalism” :rofl:

2 Likes

I would like to say that I remember this amazing album being released, but I wasn’t even 4 years old at the time. However, I did get into David Bowie’s music at the age of 15, and have loved it ever since.

Thank you for the post @Steve976.

1 Like

Well I was only 10 when it was released. I didn’t buy it when it first came out either @Craig_Paterson . I probably bought it when I was between 13-15 years old. This and David Live are my 2 favorite Bowie albums.

1 Like

@Steve976 – my favourites are Hunky Dory, The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, and Heroes.

I had a friend who bought me Heroes for my 16th birthday. Unfortunately, my friend is no longer with us, but let’s just say he will never be forgotten, as he introduced me to a lot of the music I love and still listen to regularly today.

1 Like

I love the version of Changes on David Live. :clap:

1 Like

Well… Feel so old :joy:
Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Excellent track, and excellent version!

1 Like

Never really listened to much of mr, Bowie… only the songs that got significant air play on the radio…

For me, was meh… :disappointed:

I guess you either like his music, or you don’t. He is definitely an artist that splits opinion. A lot of his album tracks can be quite experimental, but that’s what I like about him.

2 Likes

Very true, and he did have some tracks I quite enjoyed.

He was often pushing boundaries, and was a true artist if you will.

2 Likes

Very much so, and quite an underrated actor too!

1 Like