LA2P and new Soundcore app

I am still on 2.5.9 version… refreshing playstore last 2 days… sad

I can understand a phased rollout of new features but not of new bugs.

If 2.6.1 fixes a bug you should not be holding it back. Are you aware it is being held back? I can get it to upgrade using a Google UK account but not a Google USA account, so may be geo versioned.

Screenshot from two Google accounts look at the what’s new. You’ve messed up your

image image

https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/7550024?hl=en-GB

If anyone cannot wait for Soundcore, then create another google account some other country add that account to your phone then go to the Play app on phone, switch which account then update. When you do this then you will the latest version rolled out in any country. Useful for banking apps mostly which are not phased rolled out by country but only allowed to be installed in some countries, but it helps fix this while Soundcore fix their end.

1 Like

That explains why I am having trouble then! No update available for me in the UK yet.

1 Like

Is that Google Account tied to UK? You’d knew if you did as it defaults to where you were physically when created the account.

If its a UK account then what Soundcore did is (not tell Yimi) do a phased rollout deliberately. Phased rollout is a very common and good, but you it’s an error on their part in their Google Play account to delay a bug fix in a phased release, i.e. you are meant to have production and beta, in phased rollout and bug fix in beta rollout, so you’d have production and some beta1 replaced with some beta2 etc until betaX version is stable and then release it as production for everyone. What they seem to have done is a fail a basic CI/CD method of release 3 streams of different beta meaning there are 3 versions out there. Yikes.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/9845334

1 Like

Yes it’s a UK account automatically as I’m British and live in the UK. Google Play Store is up-to-date as well, just double-checked!
It says the last update they made was bug fixes but that was before I got the App. Literally just downloaded the App a couple of days ago when my LA2Ps arrived!
Yes, if they already knew about it then they should have sorted it if it’s ready to roll out. Surely they know it’s important for brand reputation… I know Anker but this is the first Soundcore product I’ve had so this is my first impression of them and there will be plenty of others like me.
Of course everything else is working but I’m still not 100% certain I have the right fit and I can’t check until they fix this! It affects the user experience a lot.

2 Likes

Best to wait for Soundcore to fix this.

There are workarounds to share latest APK but the risk in general in a public forum is not worthwhile. Just wait. Probably Soundcore will fix on Monday.

@The_Professor Yes, I’ll do that! With it being one of the products they’re pushing the most, they’ll probably sort it out soon. Thanks very much for your help though!

Going to check mine this weekend on Android device… phone and tablet… I’ll stop back I’m to reference all of the hints and help, and whether I meet the same fate…

I hope they will fix it asap. I have issue with the right bud, so need that feature to check.

Any updates on this ?

Hey good news the latest version 2.6.1 is available on all markets. Please have a try now.

4 Likes

Hey, good news yes…new design of app and finally fit test working :slight_smile: thanks

2 Likes

With 2.6.1 fit test now also works on my Lenovo Yoga Smart Tab. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheers :smile:

2 Likes

Did you give feedback to CI/CD version control.

Good practice:

• production
  • beta
  • beta is updated often, bugs added in new features, bugs fixed
  • once beta is bug free then update production.

Bad practice:

• production
  • beta version 1
  • beta version 2 not replacing the above

If you added a feature, which added a bug, you should not phase rollout the bug fix version, rather immediately roll out to all on the buggy versoion. You caused 3 versions to exist instead of 2 versions.

1 Like

Now got the Update and the Fit Test works! :grin::+1::tada::tada:

4 Likes

Yes, I forwarded the details of the case straight to our related team so they can be made aware of the situation. We are constantly working on improving the existing ones and it is users like you that inspire us to continue down this path. Thank you for that.

3 Likes

My app definitely is buggy. Disconnects from the phone all day. The units (liberty air 2 pro) connect to my IPHONE 7 perfectly.
The app is what I need to work. It doesn’t and I’ve done every reset , reinstall, upgrade etc. known to mankind.
As you mentioned it maybe the blue tooth version but Anker clearly ahs told me the units are backwards compatible, the app clearly wasn’t beta tested thoroughly.

Not sure the benefits to anyone saying it 4 times today

chrome

Post in the best matching thread once and wait. That causes any efforts to help you to be better as it’s focused.

Are you the same person posting the same issue on Reddit?

https://www.reddit.com/user/PanicLogically/

That’s a lot of scattergun.

It’s consumer dissatisfaction Professor and advocacy and reading across Reddit and here myriad other users are having similar problems Professor.

Folks interested in the product and relying on consumer feedback whether I’m one person multiple times reading others and commiserating (there is a reply button) or other people doesn’t make a spit of difference.

I’ll be on the phone with the company and looking for a suitable replacement. If you are reading other person’s postings there’s now a category of folks getting replacement units with the problem they reported recurring upon replacement.

I’m glad you are reading at least my stuff, albeit your tired of it and want to be instructive to me that venting goes no where with you–it’s just venting. Glad this isn’t firestone tires or a medication with a side effect.