LA2P ‘Custom’ ANC via App

Hi guys

Has anyone with the LA2Ps got their heads around the ‘custom’ toggle within the App? I’m not clear if the dial equates to strength or direction of the ANC?!

4 Likes

Good point…I am also curious about this…maybe someone from Soundcore team can clarify that

1 Like

Not too sure about that

My understanding is that it dials in for the frequency looking to cancel out… could be wrong though… one of the reviews had mentioned that… I think…

1 Like

This was talked about earlier in other thread (I’ll put the link if I can find it). Also, I’m still waiting on mine so hopefully I can bug test the app once I get my hands on one. But it should (as per what was said) increase or decrease ANC strength. You can’t hear the difference until you let off the wheel. Clockwise = higher strength

1 Like

I’ve played with it. It makes absolutely no sense to me either. No labels, and it is hard to tell what is going on. Not something I plan to use unless they redo the design.

3 Likes

Some labels or marks will be great or different design.

1 Like

I have no great insight to share on this but I ended up needing to use it as the other settings didn’t work for me. Bit of trial and error I’m afraid!
I found the one that works best for me is at the bottom right but it depends on what you want to cancel out and how loud it is. Basically it’s a case of try them all out until you find the best one!

1 Like

I believe that you are supposed to be able to slowly circulate the dial while listening for the least amount of noise as a way of fine tuning the anc specifically for your ears. But I can’t say that for sure.

1 Like

Cheers for your insights, let’s hope for more clarity in a future firmware / app update! :grinning:

I’ve played around with the dial, and cannot figure it out either. Maybe will need to take these on the road and see what it would block.

Sounds almost like a DOE… design of experiments… weeee.

1 Like

It is a really poor design on that wheel. No guidance at all, and I can’t effectively hear anything change.

1 Like

I’m hoping this is one of the things they update in the app update someone mentioned should be happening soon

1 Like

Hey @rpsly
I’m with @jercox it makes no sense whatsoever.
One thing that also bewilders me about the app is the battery indication, or lack of it.
I would hope a future update. No, a future update MUST include % of each bud and the case.
It’s a massive fail to have overlooked such a beneficial indicator.

3 Likes

And unfortunately the case itself holds little indication of the earbud charge levels… whether charging or completed…

1 Like

Good point @Paulstevenewing knowing how much each is charged in the app would be so great and just convenient

1 Like

That right Kaitlyn, especially as you can use each bud on its own. Knowing how much charge is in each allows you to make usage choices :+1:t2:

If you are looking at it like a clock at 1 it is at its weakest point and at 12 it is at its strongest point from what I can tell from playing with it.

1 Like

You have LA2P ?

I have LP2 and LA2

1 Like

1 Like