Latency issue in Soundcore Life Q20

Soundcore Life Q20 have latency issue while using the device in the Bluetooth mode. It’s not a big issue for music listeners but while watching a movie or YouTube video, it’ll effect the user a little bit.
It’s Bluetooth 5.0 and i know it’s not Apt X, but still we’ve paid much for this device and still facing the latency issue. I don’t think this is fair :frowning:

Using WIN, OS, Android or even LINUX?
What kind of bt drivers are installed?

I’m using Android device… One of my friends also faced the same latency issue with Life Q10 headphone.

It takes two to make latency, the sender adding with the receiver.

Try different codecs.

Also try to eliminate as much electronic interference you can think of, e.g move WiFi to 5Ghz.

Try lower codecs

Example of why could be unfairly blaming Soundcore is the Q20 supported higher bitrate codecs than your sender’s CPU can cope with and so the sender is increasing its latency compressing.

1 Like

Thank you for the support. I’ve used the device with a mobile having Bluetooth 5.0 and latency issue is nearly fixed.
Will resetting the device fix the issue permanently?

1 Like

I am sure it will.

1 Like

That’s informative… :raised_hands:
And the issue is solved when connected to another device which is Bluetooth 5.0 and capable of playing with low latency. I think the issue is solved permanently. Thanks for ur initiative.

1 Like

Happy to hear that you basically fixed you issue another device using BT 5.0.

2 Likes

Sometimes things get confused, either phone or speaker, so yes you may need to reset / reboot every now and then. Not necessarily a Sound core fault, takes two.

2 Likes

I suppose all issues listed and announced here are less than 10% a soundcore fault :smiley:

2 Likes