LDAC doesn"t working on my Xiaomi Redmi note 11

Dears,

I have a problem with my Q35 : the headset doesn’t connect in LDAC on my Xiaomi redmi note 11. Only SBC is detected, I don’t have the possibility to chose between SBC and LDAC, only SBC is here.

I didn’t have this problem with my ancient Xiaomi redmi note 8 pro, it worked well. But now, i can’t listen to LDAC with my Q35.

LDAC is enable in my smartphone.

Can you help me please ?

Thank you,

1 Like

Obvious advice:

• eliminate if this a concurrency issue (cannot run two codecs concurrently) by ensuring only connected to one phone. Turn bluetooth off of everything else you’ve paired.
  • turn headphones off / on. If that doesn’t fix then:
  • reset the headphones. If that doesn’t fix then:
  • Delete the app, delete pairings, reboot to Recovery Mode, wipe cache (not data), pair, install app, enable LDAC.

Report what works / doesn’t work.

thank you for your answer, but no, that doesn’t work…

Does your phone support LDAC?

https://www.google.com/search?q=xiaomi+redmi+note+11+ldac

I’m finding threads of doesn’t work, and the predecessor is did work til an Android update.

Nose around in all the places you can set codecs. Enable Developer Mode and see what options you have there, as well as in Audio.

I looked at the spec and I believe it does have LDAC

I am wondering if he went into the app and activated it as I think it is not automatic… plus it has been a bit since I used the q35 as my son took them too college.

I suggested above to go through the process of enabling LDAC again on a new app install, said had tried.

I can’t find an LDAC enable guide but did find this. It was a highly useful step by step with screenshots by @Duane_Lester

Which implies on some Android phones you have to go to Developer Mode and enable it. It could be as simple as that missing step.

Has @gaetanlefoufurieux gone into Developer mode yet?

As stated unsure as far as how they may be doing after any updates as son has taken them. I was wondering if they did it like the air 2 pro with a sound mode now after any updates. 1st pic

Or

I do remember now after I thought about it that those have an option to turn on under BT unless they changed it. (2nd pic)
Potential options to make sure it is there and how turn on.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer.

But, when i want to change SBC to LDAC in developers options in my Redmi 11, it doesn’t change anyway… I click well, selected LDAC, but when i close settings and then go back directly into developpers options, i see no shift, it stills “use the preference system (by default)”, and it’s SBC…

I don’t have any pop-up “do you want to use LDAC …” when i connect my q35, like it was on my Redmi 8.

LDAC worked on my Redmi note 8 pro (MIUI Global 12.0.4 / Android 10), but not on my Redmi 11 (MIUI 10.0.5 / Android 11), do you think it’s all about my smartphone (and so MIUI / Android version) ?

hello,
I don’t have this kind of choice on your second image :sleepy:

I don’t have the phone nor the Q35.

But based purely on your own words it has to be your phone as the headphones worked on older phone it did LDAC.

Dig in forums for your phone.

Also look again at the Soundcore app it’s got LDAC enabled. There’s at least 4 places LDAC is enabled.

One way to give Android a kick if it gets confused is disable everything then enable everything, so tell everywhere LDAC is mentioned to disable it, reboot phone, enable LDAC everywhere.

Is your phone language English. Try doing it all in English as someone recently found a bug in the Soundcore app when not in English.

Well a good thing is my son will be coming this week end for Spring Break (and the first day back it will snow :rofl:)

So he should be bringing the q35 back with him this weekend. If I can remember, I will check his to see if I can remember if you had to do something different to activate them.

Agree with Professor. When you have the q35 active, you can go to developer mode and check to see if LDAC is a viable option.

I remember a recent thread on the q30. A guy that had two q30s and he stated that they had different firmware version. Since the q30 and q35 are so similar in build, I am wondering if yours is a different firmware as well than what I would have as I got mine when they first came out. .

You stated that yours does not have the second picture but if it has the first picture (came from Liberty air 2 pro) do you have the radio button on the ldac under the sound mode. Is the LDAC radio button selected? If they did the q35 similar to the q30 potentially then your screens may be different than the first ones that came out.

As some of us know there can be multiple firmware for the same devices. (Liberty air 2)

when i activate LDAC in developers options, the shift (SBC to LDAC) doesn’t stay (it goes back to SBC as soon as i close and reopen the settings).

I don’t have any “LDAC” option in my soundcore app. When i select my q35, i don’t have the choice to activate LDAC. There’s no LDAC option in my soundcore’s app (i juste have q35, i saw a video on youtube about Liberty 3Pro, but the app doesn’t seem like mine).

I’ll check as said The Professor in an english version of the app, and come back to tell you ! :slight_smile:

Hmm… If you have ldac as an option then your phone should have ldac enabled.

I can turn on my Liberty air 2 pro ldac on and off. If it is on then ldac is an option (Sbc, aac and ldac) and if I turned it off Ldac is not an option. When it is on, I can select it but it does not stay as I believe SBC is the default and you are not playing anything in ldac

As stated yours may be different view in the app…

Try this.

Go to your music app that has the ability to play ldac audio. Start playing the music. If able to, you will go to the developer area and view if it is playing in ldac.

No it’s played on “use the preference system (by default)”. LDAC is enable in theory, but in practical way … no. Nothing changes when i swap in developers options.

I saw (reddit) that lots of xiaomi users are in trouble like mine, so maybe it’s the OS (MIUI or Android version) that fail here.

Your is Android 11 as is mine so other than that I am unsure…

What may be happening is some other setting like in battery is switching it away from LDAC such as to save power.

Nose around in battery, and in apps, both under settings.

I have Huawei for example and there’s a “automatically managed” app setting I had to fiddle with to get an app to be closed.

I Had before tue oppo a16 and LDAC was working fine. Now with redmi note 11 only SBC and aptX ist working. I also tried as mentioned before with Developer settings but it is always switching back!!
I even tryed a Tool and IT Shows only SBC and aptX as available Codecs. So anybody was able to find a solution?? Otherwise i will sende Phone back but i Like thus Phone so far!
Thanks in advance!

Nose around in battery/power settings, you may be getting the phone trying to conserve power.

My Huawei suffers from this problem but my OnePlus doesn’t.

hello, I have a xioami k50 (xiaomi 12t pro), I bought some wh1000xm4, I had the same problem of the ldac format; the solution that worked for me was to remove the option to connect to 2 devices and make the proper settings of the phone, bluethooth and the sony application; if you have questions you can talk to me by personal mail: yairmontejog@gmail.com