Leaderboard Incentive changes - March Update

It’s inevitable threads get dominated by support. It’s worse at Anker community but we redirect them here. Users wanting support are either search and reply or just angry venting and type useless asks assuming psychic knowledge. It’s inevitable.

A good way to ignore the leaderboard point farming spammer and quickly see if anything interesting is to go to this link instead.

I’m not optimistic we’d get rid of leaderboard as most content is made by those who profited most from it. The reasonable high chance of winning would reduce, turkey voting for Christmas/Thanksgiving.

https://community.soundcore.com/g/trust_level_0/activity/posts

2 Likes

I do see the fear of it becoming like the eufy community of mostly support questions but I’m also hopefully optimistic that maybe it won’t

1 Like

That’s actually a pretty decent idea, would like to see that implemented!

1 Like

They could always do what the Anker site does which is no leaderboard a couple small giveaway raffles a week so three item instead of one. And then if they want but aren’t obligated to using whatever metric that Anker uses they could do a yearly gift to those they feel help keep the community alive and well. I know on the Anker site the people that got the yearly gift were often the regulars who were helping out and it didn’t depend on social media or just one category and such.

3 Likes

This year there was no such a special donating for the “old regulars”.
But they are still there, writing and having fun.
For me and many others its not the free stuff, we like to talk and
not only about “watts, volts and frequencies” :grinning:

2 Likes

No watts, volts, and frequencies no electricity. No electricity no fun :rofl:

1 Like

Oh ja, electricity fun !
(Use an ANKER powerbank!)

unnamed

2 Likes

No electrons, no chemistry, no life!

2 Likes

Depends on the moderator policy. If you force the forum to only discuss core to brand, and don’t allow future products discussion, then by elimination it a flurry of chatter around new products then support issues.

Heavy moderator kills what would otherwise flow into random banter.

Topics I find interesting I funded the start-up cost to run forum. I’m the moderator and my only two rules are be civil and keep the discussion topic in the right thread so a thread can be ignored by those not interested. I keep the forum private so not searchable outside so there’s no benefits to spammers.

As to this community, I skip the boring “music news” threads and so risk missing the interesting (for me) topics, so I’d much prefer if a reply was done in a thread, not new thread, so then I can mute a thread. The same topics and discussion still occurs for those interested but in fewer threads.

It’s the new thread purely for points mining, done religiously daily to win the leaderboard, is the problem. Those doing can instead paste topics of interest in an existing thread read by those sharing similar interests.

For example this thread:

I’d say should be reply in a thread titled “music struggling with Covid” which is one recurring theme.

I don’t blame those who post, they just respond to the carrots dangled by the admin.

3 Likes

I’m just not mentally invested in winning. If I ever do, great, until then I’ll save up for what I need/want. I’m more invested in finding the sounds I am interested in. Spotify, however, is on my #!# list. I tried putting together a playlist until my hands hurt and it felt like it was ruining my day, so I put on my utube workout mix and exercised for an hour. Was going to share some of my playlist but it’s not worth it. Now I’m going to turn on my cool down playlist on utube mellow out so I can study :see_no_evil::headphones::yin_yang:

You have to have a perfect attention to daily replying 5 and 1 thread and share to get the 25/day and/or win something (e.g. photo comp) to win.

If you forget it 1 day then can’t win.