Left cup crackling due to ANC problem

I have a brand new just taken out of the box Q30 headphones. I was impressed the first time I used it, but after awhile when I am doing music editing with it, I noticed a certain noise on my left ear cup each time the NC or ambient mode is turned on. I know there is a certain type of microphone right on the center of the speaker that controls the NC. If I begin to massage that part, the crackling either stops or gets worst. Does anyone experience this as well?

I tried hard reset and changing from one handphone to another without success.

I saw previous threads of such issue experienced with the Q20 as well. I will be returning my Q30 for a replacement, but will Soundcore be able to find a way to finally get rid of this problem?

You can send customer support a message and it could be a firmware issue that they can fix. If they think it is a hardware issue, they might just replace your unit

I have the some problem. I bought both models and I found a strange background noise on the q30. It’s like a rustle or crackle especially when I listen to edm music. For some reason the sound quality is not as clear as the q20. I’m getting mad comparing few tracks and the problem persists. Soundcore suggested me some troubleshooting tips but nothing worked. Probably they sent me a defective item as well?

I have q20 and q30 and I found a strange background noise on the q30. It’s like a rustle or crackle especially when I listen to edm music. For some reason the sound quality is not as clear as the q20. I’m getting mad comparing few tracks and the problem persists. Soundcore suggested me some troubleshooting tips but nothing worked. Probably they sent me a defective item??

@Duane_Lester

Triplicate , new thread same words as replies to other threads.

@cimu.corr there’s no need to say it 3 times. Wait.

Sorry I’m new in the forum

@cimu.corr, I would say you can contact service@soundcore.com but I am going to merge this thread with the other similar thread. Always try to do a search as somebody may have an answer for you. Also, welcome to the community

Hey there, please try to upgrade the firmware to date via Soundcore App. Kindly note the newest firmware is 1.9 and we’ll release the newer version 2.0 by the end of this month. If it doen’t help, you are also welcomed to contact us via [service@soundcore.com]

@Yimi_Liu hello, any ETA on firmware update? i got new Q30 today and after few hours got issue with cracking in the left earcup

Hello, 1st test, update firmware. If that does not solve the issue, do a hard reset by pressing power button and volume up button simultaneously for 5 sec until a blue light blinks. If crackling is still there, it means it is a hardware issue. Try to swivle your left earcup with NC on and see if you hear some wierd crackles. Try it as well with transparency mode and listen. If you hear crackles as you swivle the earcup, there is a loose connection inside which means you need to request for a replacement as soon as you can.

Screenshot_20210303_145717

I’m on my 3rd unit. Excellent customer service! But still on 1.9 no 2.0

My last unit didn’t fail due to left cup crackle, it was crackle and rumble and whistles which made me think the inner microphone has gone awry and a reset didn’t fix.

Hi
thank you for your reply, i did everything before posting about this issue, and after all-night play cracking is gone, but there was newer and more strange issue, with NC on - extra bass is pumping to left cup (which was with first issue) and NC isn’t working properly in this cup. twisted and wiggled cup with no success. transparency mode works like a charm which indicates AFAIK to software issue

Hey there, I am sorry for the delayed response. There is an unexpected issue during the upgrade and our programmers are working on it, therefore, firmware 2.0 is not released yet, we apologize for the inconceniences and kindly ask for your understanding. I’ll be in touch.

I’m on 1.9 but not getting crackling so surprised it’s a firmware issue.

1 Like