Less playback timešŸ˜Ÿ

Why is it that my Liberty pro 2 gives me less than 3 hours of playback time? One thing I noticed is that one ear goes down faster than the other and thatā€™s really annoying.

Whatā€™s your phone? It is normal for these wireless buds to be asymmetric battery usage as one side is master. The degree of asymmetry is bluetooth version. If you do get BT5 then thereā€™s less asymmetry than BT4.2 or 4.1

The workaround, well I donā€™t have LP2 but I have the LA2 and I just put the buds in the case and take the left bud out first to make it the master, to even up the battery drain.

Itā€™s also worth noting this in any purchase decision. I have only spent my own money on the Life P2, cost me Ā£33 back in March. I donā€™t attach much Ā£ value to the wireless advantage. In my case I use wireless buds one ear only and just swap between the buds. If Iā€™m using both ears then I use wired because I can store wired buds around my neck and never lose. Iā€™m baffled why anyone would spend more on Ā£ for asymmetric features. Wireless isnā€™t that good an idea. Personallyā€¦

1 Like

The L2P should have higher battery life than that for sure. What volume are you using the earbuds at? The advertised number is based on 60% volume

Are you able to do some testing to check some things out?

If you take out one earbud from the case, fully charged, and run down the battery, what do you get?

If you do the same with the other, is the time same / comparable / worse?

I have these, and get close to 8 hrs. When I take them out of the case I get greeted with high battery.

Possible that the earbuds are full charged or the case is need of charging?

Should the same results present, it would be good info to share with support. (And us :wink:)

{edited to add another q}</>
Oh and are you setup through the soundcore app? Did you update the firmware?

8 hours? Geez. I charged both full and use it at the loudest volume and after 2hrs, itā€™s half. But just the right one. Then an hour later, itā€™s gone. But the left lasts longer. If I donā€™t use it to listen to songs, then it last long.
Really upsets me I canā€™t use it for more than 4 hours @ least

2 Likes

Ahh, I have mine maybe at 25% volume. Perhaps yours are defective?

I know others here have the pros, not sure what kind of battery life they are gettingā€¦

Hi,

Iā€™ve posted up another reply, to different thread as another user is having similar issues.

See if that helps you out at all too :slight_smile:

Good luck.

Volume increase and battery decrease are not linear in relation. The louder you go, the faster battery drop youā€™ll experience. If you listen at 50% or lower, youā€™ll reach 6-8 hrs much easier depending on music genre. If you have to listen at full volume, maybe check the eartips because fit does matter a lot. Better fit might help you reduce volume

This was what happened today. After charging both L & R at 100%. I used then without using the sound equalizer. Started at 3.30pm and at 6.15pm, eight ear had 1 bar left and was saying ā€œbattery lowā€.
Meanwhile, left ear still had 4 bars left with just 1 bar gone. So this means left ear lasts longer than right ear at the same volume.
This was the same problem with my first LP2, I had to return it to bestbuy and got a refund a land purchased another pair same day thinking it was a factory problem with that pair.
Now I guess theyā€™re all like that.

My conclusion is ā€œlistening to high volume drains the right ear fasterā€

1 Like

The right would drain faster than left but not sure if what you are experiencing is normal drain. I donā€™t own L2P yet so canā€™t say for sure. On about 15-20% volume on my Spirit Dot 2, I got about 40 mins less battery life on right than on left. Idk if that difference would grow as volume increases though.

Maybe send service@soundcore.com an email and ask to make sure

Feeling good. I got a replacement and itā€™s going good. Over 7 hours playtime and am smiling again. Thank soundcore.

5 Likes

Good to hear they looked after you, glad your enjoying now and thanks for posting an update :slightly_smiling_face:

Great result @gbolaga

This thread bounced back to the top and I just saw your comment about wireless.

Exercise is really the main time I like TWS. The spirit X2s are a vast improvement over having a cord bouncing on your neck, and I like the wrap around the ear design.

For the rest of the time, the wire is not bad at all - and there is only one things to lose, rather than a case and two separate buds to keep track of. So Iā€™m on board with your point in general.

I donā€™t wear anything in my ears when exercising - it is dangerous. My hearing is my radar, it allows me to see what is not in my vision.

My wireless buds donā€™t get used much, they tend to get used one bud at a time , and when sat down as they fall out easily and so easily lost.

Iā€™d never advocate people outdoors moving with anything in their ears, I am cyclist so I am overtaking joggers, walkers, and the most lethal combination is someone wearing head cover / hair style which blocks peripheral vision with something in ears means they have just a tiny narrow forward facing sense of their surroundings. Any shouting from me, they are deliberately preventing me from protecting them by blocking their hearing.

Stationary exercise like on walking machine, running machine, static cycle, etc, I donā€™t see a downside.

So this means I donā€™t buy them and so donā€™t enter $300 unboxing competitions, so seemingly Iā€™m punished by Soundcoreā€¦ also no chance of winning anything involving Notes against winners who bought wireless buds, punished 3 times.

Iā€™d be not so bothered, let people buy what they like - let the market decide - but you canā€™t even find wired buds any more on Soundcoreā€™s site. Ultimately that would make me buy another brand.

I never feel secure with in ear only buds. The air 2 pros have a bunch of tips - I have found a size that mostly stays in, but there isnā€™t a ton of confidence there.

Thus the Spirit X2s, with the loops around my ear, work great. They donā€™t fall out or get lost while active. And they donā€™t have to go into my ear canal.

Exercise safety depends on context. I definitely wouldnā€™t wear anything in or over my ears while outdoor biking, but no harm on a stationary. For walking it depends on location as well.

With the X2s, I intentionally do not have them tightly fit into my ear canal or turned way up. So I can hear my surroundings just fine.

And if the L2APs are secure enough in your ear to walk with, they have transparency mode for exactly that situation. That feature actually works pretty well, voices come through over the music.

https://us.soundcore.com/products/spirit-pro - the only wired earbuds still on their site.

1 Like

I have the Neo , LP2 and LA2. Neo either hurts my ear canal or the wing doesnā€™t go in,so pain or falls out. My LP2 fall out, as does the LA2 with the slightly of movement or simply gravity.

In addition the LP2 and LA2 donā€™t work with my old laptop but the Neo do. They all work with Android.

Wired simply works, works more reliabily and works in more diverse situations. I understand some donā€™t like the wire but Iā€™d be loathed to have the wireless fans crowd out wired product development at Soundcore.

My Q30 have just developed a fault support wonā€™t send replacement until I post out and of course Iā€™m under a self-isolation order so canā€™t post them back, so Iā€™m wearing Bose QC35 now, they over 4 years old and working.

1 Like

Over ear is generally better than in ear for me. And Bluetooth is generally worse than wired in many ways.

But I hope both of those things will change soon. And it is already closer than it used to be.

If I wear over-ear too long then it sweats ears, then get skin issues eventually. So I have to alternate. So I like a variety.

I see myself swapping between in-ear wired and over-ear for the forseeable. Soundcore is investing in over-ear (e.g. Q30) but their wired in-ear is getting marginalised.

Soundcore shipping me replacement Q30, until then Iā€™m wearing Bose.

So this will be your second replacement for Q30?