Liberty 2 Pro +..........?! Yessssssssss!

2 Likes

My android app doesn’t show it yet. But I can’t wait.

I also have android a note 20 ultra it shows today it updated my soumdcore app at 702 am and then out of curiosity I decided to look to see and there it was!!! I don’t know but got lil overly excited as the liberty 2 pro are hands down best earbuds I’ve owned… that list included the sennheiser momentums 1st gen. Sony xm3 .jaybird vista. Jabra elite active 75t m&d mwo7+ and quite a few others… for my ears the L2P not only has the best sound and build but they also get super loud. I live to play my music loud but I also love to pick songs apart and hear everything and for me since Dec 2019 these do that better than any others. Because of that I’ve decided to not touch another pair of earbuds since this last winter until the liberty 3 pro arrived… not sure uf these will have huge upgrades or not but the key for me would be to have the same or better sound… if that’s possible and then to have anc and transparency mode… so willhave to wait I guess to see exactly what the upgraded version is but know I’m still def pumped to see somethin coming!! I’d have been all over the air 2 pro but I just don’t do the stem style… so still waiting and enjoying the heck out of my liberty 2 pros on a daily basis!!!

3 Likes

When I read something about Liberty 2 Pro in various places, I think " @Pantera43 will be here soon". :grinning:
I love these headphones just like you. This is one of the best electronics I have ever bought in my life. Sometimes I even wonder if I should buy a second pair:
“in stock”. :grinning:
:thinking: I am also curious what they will come up with in the improved version “+”

2 Likes

No doubt lol!!! Rumors are transparency mode… ldac… amd longer battery life . Which those are all great but besides the transparency I don’t really see huge updates on these. Now if they have anc I’m all in but if not I will continue to wait for the Liberty 3 Pro !!! Think why I always comment on stuff with these is cuz of some I tried before them that were almost 3x the cost and then when I got these they just absolutely blew me away… I love them !!

2 Likes

As mentioned earlier

The specs are published in other places but trust me, best to wait for announcement and reviews, as specs can be erroneous, and discussion on erroneous specs does everyone a disservice.

I’d just use this as a heads up only, no more.

Hope we will see those soon

From an engineering perspective, adding transparency mode is easy.

The notion of better sound and ANC is not trivial. ANC requires an inline microphone in the canal which interferes with sound quality.

Increasing bitrate increases battery drain.

You can increase battery life just via newer electronics but if you increase bitrate most or all battery life gain will go. So I’d challenge if the battery life increase is measured at the higher bitrate.

1 Like

The specs are solid for sure. Especially:

ᴵ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵏᵉᵖᵗ ᵐᵒʳᵉ ᶦⁿᶠᵒ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ˡᵃˢᵗ ˡᶦⁿᵉ, ᵇᵘᵗ ᵁˢᴮ⁻ᶜ ᶦˢ ᵗʰᵉ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵒᶠ ᶦᵗ.

2 Likes

Does it say anything bout anc there ??? Lol but I am excited to see what the new state of the art driver is !!

Found it on reddit… I can say I will hold tight till the 3 pro comes later on!!! Ldac and transparency but still same driver size and armature

1 Like

Look again now

It’s pulled, they must do a per-account check if who can see what. They probably realised by earlier posts and ooops then pulled.

ANC has to worsen audio performance, why do you want both?

Not sure if much could be added to the 2s to entice me to get the next version… but I’ll wait until release and see what’s in the wind.

N -1 … lol

Not much known yet there are a couple threads about this now guess it’s a waiting game for sue

1 Like

@Pantera43
Liberty 2 Pro should take part in the competition:
“The best headphones of all time” :wink: :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I agree to all extent… my q30 get goofy sounding at 70 percent volume or more and anc on . For a backup pair of earvuds I recently purchased the soundpeats t2 and I can say these have no difference in sound when ya turn anc on. Not better not worse only difference is can’t hear anything goin on around me lol but the sound stays the same

ANC necessarily worsens sound quality, and you only don’t tell if you are not listening.

Passive noise isolation works at higher frequencies as they reflect / absorb the sound. Speed of sound is around 330m/s.

The width of the ear is about 6cm (0.06m) so anything blocking the ear naturally wants to reflect sound above (330/0.06) 5.5Khz , and reflects increasingly as volume increases - you see it clearly here.

What ANC does is block the lower frequencies. As shown above.

But ANC relies on an inner ear microphone which detects and removes the lower frequencies. Due to the sound coming at angles, the nearer the microphone is in the ear canal the more accurate. The more that microphone is outside, then the more ANC adds errors as shown as hiss.

The hiss is blocked by the music you listen you.

The net effect is ANC helps block sound, but how well is a function of the physical design.

To place a microphone in the ear canal interferes the dual drivers of the L2P.

Don’t need a review to know the challenge, do need a review to see how well they met the challenge.

Good graphics of how how it works per say. I enjoy the ANC at times but I seems to get a lot of people whom need to ask me questions and it just becomes a moot point at times.

1 Like

I like the way Q30 did it, mode button and hand over. With people around I’m often in ambient mode so can hear, but ANC is also useful so being able to swap easily is perfect.

1 Like