Liberty 3 Pro (R) earbud touch controls not working!

Hi Soundcore,

Honestly, I’m very disappointed here.

I just received these brand new and VERY hyped earbuds yesterday and it is clear that the right earbud touch control is flat out not working. I have the current firmware installed and the LEFT earbud touch control works just fine. The RIGHT bud is not responding.

What can we do to resolve this ASAP?

2 Likes

What about a reset of the buds?
Sometimes this helps to solve such issues.
Otherwise you should contact the support.

4 Likes

Hi,
What action is assigned to touch control? It can be seen/changed in APP

2 Likes

Hype is mostly what you do to yourself, if you only go by independent reviews, they do exist where they compare with other products, then you can get a realistic view before deciding. The product is well reviewed.

If one bud has touch controls not working then:

• reset the buds as first step
  • check the app that you have touch controls enabled
  • if after both above and still no joy then contact service@soundcore.com with proof of purchase, serial number, what steps you have already taken and your delivery address and wait say a day from next working day so by Tuesday as it’s Sunday now.
1 Like

Thank you for your response and suggestion, @Chiquinho!

To follow up, I have performed a reset of the buds multiple times. It did not resolve my issue.

2 Likes

Thank you for your response, @VertigoXX!

I kept the actions set to default and attempted to toggle them on and off multiple times to see if that made any difference. I also reset the buds and went through the pairing/unpairing process multiple times. The problem still persisted.

1 Like

Thank you for your response and suggestions, @kevinduck163!

I definitely researched the heck out of these earbuds before purchasing and based my decision off the reviews from multiple independent sources and the hype they were generating.

About your suggestions:

Reset - Tried this multiple times. Problem persisted.

Check the app touch controls and ensure they are enabled. They are definitely enabled. Toggled them back and forth multiple times and went through the unpairing/unpairing process as well multiple times. Problem persisted.

Interestingly enough, I may have found the cause of the problem. It’s the ear wings! When I removed the right ear wing, the problem seemed to go away. Based on this observation, I believe what may be happening is I did not install the wing tips “properly” and they are moving around. If they are in the wrong position, somehow this is messing up with the buds identifying the touch controls!

Question: Does anyone have info on the proper way to install these ear wings? When I research this, I only saw some official YouTube footage for changing the wings on Liberty 2’s and it isnt as detailed as I had hoped. For now, I have removed both ear wings and the buds appear to function as expected.

I’ll continue to use the earbuds and will post an update in a few days.

Scott

6 Likes

Hi Scott,

I think what might be happening is if the Wing is covering the wear detection window, that it might be interfering with the touch control. If you shut off wear detection, does the touch control then operate as it should?

9 Likes

Hi @Steve976, thank you for your response!

I have noticed already that the issue does seem to be related to the ear wings. In an earlier post here I noted that the cause of the problem appears linked to the ear wings. When I removed the right ear wing, the problem seemed to go away. Based on this observation, I believe what may be happening is I did not install the wing tips “properly” and they are moving around. If they are in the wrong position, somehow this is messing up with the buds identifying the touch controls! This is very much in line with your suggestion that the wings are covering up the wear detection window and causing this problem.

I’ll try your suggestion later today and will post the results after.

Question: Does anyone have info on the proper way to install these ear wings? When I research this, I only saw some official YouTube footage for changing the wings on Liberty 2’s and it isnt as detailed as I had hoped. For now, I have removed both ear wings and the buds appear to function as expected.

3 Likes

Hi @sethington,

First off, You’re welcome. I’m always happy to help.
Secondly, Here’s the video that you need:

If you scroll down a tad more than 3/4 of the page you will see a tab that says How To Video. The one above is the 2nd one. There are quite a few other ones in case you need further assistance. Let us know how it turns out and if you need any more help. Good Luck!

2 Likes

@Sethington I was having this issue as well and it was driving me nuts. I had a bigger ear wing installed and it would twist some and cover up the window. After reading this thread, I first I turned off the in ear detection and that seemed to fix the problem. Then I went to a smaller ear wing and turned the in ear detection back on. That was a useful observation!

I first noticed the problem when doing the ANC optimization and of course you do the fit test first which meant I am jamming the buds in to get a good seal which probably twisted the ear wings and the touch pad stopped working. I have did a reset at least 3 times. Thanks!

I love these buds.

2 Likes

I’m having the issue with my right earbud! A reset did not fix the problem.

1 Like

Thank you @Steve976! I thought I would have to return the earbuds lol. Fixing the position of the ear wings fixed the problem!

3 Likes

I’m happy to hear that. :+1:

3 Likes

I had the same problem and this was the issue!! Thank you!! My rubber ear tip was slightly covering the detection sensor. (It’s the thing that looks like a small infrared cover on a tv remote) Thanks again@steve976

3 Likes

I’m glad that post was helpful! They really are great sounding Earbuds IMHO.

3 Likes

Absolutely love mine! I actually thought the hear ID was going to be somewhat of a gimmick. However it really makes a huge difference for me as I am losing hearing across the frequency spectrum in one of my ears.

3 Likes

Yes this could really help I am sure.
I dont have such earbuds, but I imagine its a very useful feature.
Enjoy the earbuds!

1 Like

The ear tip wing was blocking some sensor, adjusting the wing immediately corrected the error.