Liberty Air 2 background noise inclusion

I have been using my LA2 for over a month and I love them. They do a good job at cutting background noise but it is too good that I have to take them out to hear when someone talks to me. What would be real nice is if I could triple-tap them and turn on the mics to hear background noise and someone talking to me.
I have an App that I installed on my Samsung Note 9 Andriod phone called “Safe Headphones” that adds background noise to make them safer. The App turns on the mics on your phone and adds the background noise into the sound output to make your headphones safer. The issue is there is a delay of a 1/2 second. I was wondering if anyone else had used another App to accomplish this or if there were plans to support this feature with a firmware update.
I am a little hard of hearing and would also like to use the LA2’s as a quasi hearing aid.

1 Like

So you’re asking for Ambient Mode, it transmits outside noise inside, and you’re asking for this to be done via touching the buds directly rather than via the app.

I have the Q30 headphones over my ears now and I can make what you ask happen by press hold twice on right side.

I suggest what you ask for is highly viable and should be a tweak in the app alter the buds double-tap response.

Interesting, we have both have hearing issues, my are the opposite.

Yup Ambient Mode is what we need. It’s even a bigger hassle with the LA2 since there are not connected like headphones and there are 2, plus you need to pause the program you are watching and take them both out of your ears.

Ambient Noise would be a nice feature

1 Like