Liberty Air 2 Pro: A Closer Look

Our Liberty Air 2 Pro earbuds have been out for a while now, but we still haven’t covered all the reasons why we’re so proud of this project yet. Between 26 hours of playtime, 6 noise-cancelling microphones for high-quality calls, as well as (of course) the noise-cancelling technology that is Liberty Air 2 Pro’s raison d’etre, there’s a lot to be proud of!

We wanted to get you guys some exclusive info on the development of Liberty Air 2 Pro, so we sat down with Soundcore’s brand managers Ching and Cora to break it down.

How was the design of Liberty Air 2 Pro developed?

“Customers have loved our Liberty Air wireless earbuds series since we first launched them in 2018, and they became even more popular with the second generation in 2019.

So, we knew that we wanted to continue to improve on this already highly successful line.

Since more and more consumers now demand quality ANC, we wanted to incorporate that technology into our wireless earbuds for the very first time.”

What is PureNote™ driver technology?

“PureNote driver technology refers to our drivers which are coated in 10 hardened nano-layers. This increases the accuracy and clarity of the sound, because the more layers there are, the wider the frequency bandwidth will be.

However, too many layers makes the drivers heavy, and the sound lacks clarity and purity. To achieve the best possible balance, we decided to use 10 layers in this design.”

What challenges did you face while designing Liberty Air 2 Pro?

“One of the biggest challenges was getting the ANC just right, and there were some disagreements about how to fine-tune the technology.

Sometimes, our testing data would tell us one story, but when listening with ANC for ourselves, we knew that it wasn’t yet as good as it could be.

After several months and hundreds of hours of feedback from an army of beta testers as well as hundreds of audio experts, we finally wound up with an ANC feature whose balance is borne out by the testing data as well as our own experience and those of consumers while using Liberty Air 2 Pro.”

COMMUNITY POLL TIME!

Now that we’ve gotten a little more insight into the development of Liberty Air 2 Pro, we want to throw a question as you guys. These earbuds come in 4 different colors; which one is your favorite (for reference, you can check out Liberty Air 2 Pro on Amazon to see all 4 colors)?

• Black
  • White
  • Pink
  • Blue

0 voters

Let us know by voting in the poll, and feel free to drop suggestions for colors you’d like to see added!

Have a great weekend, and catch up with you again soon,

• Aaron
5 Likes

I always thought that you guys would have a soundcore blue color as a signature color.

5 Likes

More variations of black. The “black” are not actually black but tones of grey.

Yes clearly there was a long time for tuning. From FCC til launch was 4 months. Admittedly some of that delay was to allow for the Q30 launch.

When is the ANC version of L2P? It was launched Sept '19 and is next in line for ANC.

2 Likes

Blue is nicest

1 Like

Black is always Black :smile:

1 Like

Blue looks pretty good, black is the safety color. My wife looked at pictures of the pink, and was surprised how nice it looked. But she didn’t think it would work on me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m a fan of the blue it’s not an obnoxious blue. Black would be a second choice cause it’s my fall back as always.

1 Like

I wish they did because it’s a good balance between UAC bright blue and the dark LA2P blue. Maybe a shade darker would be nice too so it’s a subtle blue but not as dark as LA2P

1 Like

I got the headphones when it launched and received them on Jan 25. The pictures make the pink look rose gold shade but when i got it in person it’s more like a flesh pink. This product is definitely hard to take an accurate color photo

You know, one thing I have yet to see on any brands earbuds, is a see through or clear color.

Would be cool to see the inner workings, or even drop some flare 2 like rgb leds for that extra something something…

1 Like

I would enjoy that for fun, but I doubt it would be an ideal for most people. How close to your ears do you want people getting?

I feel like RGB on earbuds would be very polarizing and attract too much attention in public. You personally can’t see the lights so there wouldn’t be a point of buying it. But clear case (of earbuds not charging case though it would be cool too) would be great

1 Like

I will say I do complement Soundcore for making a pink earbud that is not horrific looking. No offense to those who like pink but in the past I’ve just seen so many done wrong it’s not to see one that isn’t too pink in my opinion

2 Likes

Black and Blue are my top two colors

Think I’ll get the pros eventually

My rankings of the colors are,

1. Blue
  2. White
  3. Black
  4. Pink

I definitely disagree about the white. I like the other three colors though.

Blue Always :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: