Liberty Air 2 Pro Bluetooth

First of all, love my Air 2 Pros! I’ve had them for about a month and they’ve exceeded all my expectations!!

Question though: Is it possible to pair them to two devices at once? I use them primarily for my phone, but I’d love to pair them to my laptop as well. BTW, I have tried to pair them to my laptop, but have had no luck.

Thanks,
Dale

In general it’s not a good idea.

It can be done very carefully. First ensure laptop is actually Bluetooth 5, if not don’t bother as audio will stutter. Even if Bluetooth 5, often the default drivers are bad. You may get lucky…

Turn the Bluetooth off on phone.
Turn Bluetooth off on laptop.
Put buds in case.
Turn Bluetooth on laptop
Take right bud out of case
Pair on laptop
Take left bud out of cases check laptop plays stereo.

If that works then to swap from laptop to phone, turn Bluetooth off laptop and phone, put buds in case, turn Bluetooth on phone, take buds out.
To swap phone to laptop turn all Bluetooth off, buds in case, turn laptop Bluetooth on, buds out of case.

Why it’s hairy and a thing to avoid is the laptop if Bluetooth is on will attempt to reconnect to everything it was paired with and so break your phone connection, and some people need to keep laptop Bluetooth on for other things.

So long as only one Bluetooth on at a time you can share via off/case/on.

The most reliable is have dedicated audio for laptop, ideally wired as Bluetooth is tricky with drivers on Windows 10, nightmare for many.

Q30 wired with inline mic for laptop and LA2P for phone, is a good combination.

I got my mine to work before. But its annoying and doesn’t always work right. I found its easier to just unpair then repair when needed. I have far less annoyances. With Souncore releasing new headsets and earbuds every year I will purchase a new one to replace my Liberty Air 2 Pros and use them on my computer (when I’m not using my Over-the-ears) and get new pair of everyday use earbuds.

1 Like

We agree, best is to dedicate audio device to laptop.

1 Like

I am using them paired with my computer right now, and I agree with everything you said. Generally works okay, but I absolutely hate the sound when it switches over to a headset profile. I switch to the Strike 3 when I am going to be on a call, but I can’t wear those all day or my ears get sore.

I can’t wear any of my gaming headsets for more than a couple of hours. I find can my Soundcore Space NC and several other of Anker’s over-the-ears 5 hours without issue. But on long work related calls, I don’t they are ideal.

1 Like

Yes, but none of those have built in headsets that work wired. So tradeoffs.

It still irritates me that they didn’t bother to send the mic over the wire on the Q10/20/30. Would have been the best of both worlds.

1 Like

The problem squarely rests at Windows, it’s Bluetooth implementation causes the problems. We are hacking around the edges with wired and careful connection sequences.

One potential approach, costly for Soundcore, is to do their own drivers, other audio vendors do that to not fall foul of default drivers and bitrates. But Soundcore has to go through a Microsoft driver certification, I’m not sure that’s a worthwhile investment.

So yes a lower cost approach, pragmatic but imperfect, is over-ear wired 4 pole design , and an algorithm which allows both wired and wireless connection. Imagine if you were Bluetooth paired with phone and wire connected to PC, and the PC worked perfectly and when phone rings your headphones answer, and the App sets your preferences.

My own solution was to cowardly ditch Windows and invest in a high end larger Android tablet with keyboard. Works perfectly in all scenarios. Change what you can and not moan what you can’t change.

1 Like