Liberty Air 2 Pro deeper midtones/bass sound shallow

Hi Community!

I’ve received my new Air 2 Pro today and observed the following:

Without ANC, the deeper midtones and bass sound extremely shallow, like there’s nothing there at all, drums for example sounds like shallow claps.

When I turn on ANC, there’s (obviously) a night-and-day difference, with voluminous bass that actually sounds like it’s supposed to (i.e., in comparison with my fairly high-quality Phonon studio over ears). Issue is that higher mids and highs aren’t as great with ANC enabled.

Is this how it’s supposed to be or am I missing something?

Reviews and reports usually claim that these TWS IEMs are pretty bass-focused (which made me worry at first, but not an issue due to good customization through the app). My experience so far is the exact opposite, bass seems as shallow as I’ve ever heard from in ears (ANC off).

All the best and thanks for the great community!

1 Like

Don’t have those so can’t help.

I never really noticed what you suggested and I kinda got what the the reviewers said. But for me it was sounded more flat. After I played them for about an hour the sound got better. Once I set up the EQ the sound is perfect for my needs the perfect highs, mids, and lows. With earbubs, I wouldn’t worry to much about your experience vs yours. I find user experience differ between users.

When researching stuff I don’t take many of the user reviews on Amazon to seriously. I see a lot of people either jump to conclusions to quickly downgrade a product for unrelated issues, user errors, they didn’t read the description and it doesn’t do what they want it to, or they want more features/compare product to a product 3x its value. I have to comb through them to find the good reviews and try and find website/YouTube user reviews.

3 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. By reviews I meant ‘professional’ reviews by dedicated audio/headphone outlets or audiophile outlets.

I think the issue was the seal of the earbuds. They aren’t an easy dot for my ears, but switching fr M to L tips (weirdly, M+ seem bigger than L) enabled a a proper seal (with some fiddling), which massively improved bass response.

1 Like

I found the same thing. When I changed the tips, the sound improved (EQ shift was minimized). That being said I also hear an EQ shift going from Normal to ANC (ANC has stronger Bass IMHO). Changing tips reigned in the EQ shift.

All that being said, I think they sound very good! I basically set up 2 Custom EQ’s that I renamed Normal and ANC.

2 Likes

The old story!
Different music, different hearing ability, different mp3 rates of the recording and different codex.

2 Likes

Agree… I think my ears are decent but not exceptional anymore. I can not catch people sneaking up on me from behind me

1 Like

Hi,

I use the acoustic, or flat setting for the pre done eq.

I didn’t see / hear much of a switch between anc modes on mine, but did notice a significant change between the signature setting and acoustic / flat.

One other thing to check out is the hearid feature. Although I have not yet done, some indicate that it helps too.

And, welcome to the community :wink:

1 Like

For me its to many years of loud music in the car, front row/mosh pit at concerts, shooting off fireworks, and other things that are loud.

I can’t hear my wife talking to me in the other room or its a little loud around me and she talking to me if I’m not facing her I can’t here. I’ll have to have turn around and repeat herself.

1 Like

Lol I think it is a wife thing to be talking to us from another room. I can not hear my wife either. I have to remind her when she ask if I hear her and I have to tell her the tv is on, the dryer is on, and the dishwasher is on. So no, I did not hear you. :rofl: