Liberty Air 2 Pro Firmware Update(2)

Thanks bud, somehow that switch wasn’t working, but then it randomly did after I put the buds back in the case for a bit.

1 Like

@starfan so far I haven’t noticed huge differences but I’m hoping to test them a little more so see.for me the biggest update is the single tap

1 Like

anyone have any idea if the LA2 Pros will every have the ability to connect to two devices at once? this is the biggest thing i have an issue with - connecting to work computer and cell phone, listening to webinars/radio then toggle to phone calls when they come in. I feel like every competitor has this functionality.

That’s hardware.

So you mean when will a successor of the LA2P have multipoint.

You usually can get close to it with two Android devices, one for media, one for calls. Most Soundcore products don’t do multipoint, but I often pair with phone for calls (not media) and tablet for media (not calls) and they kind of work together in that I can be consuming media on tablet anf if phone rings then works. That’s because they are different protocols and all Bluetooth devices designed for two protocols. It’s if same protocol on two connected it’s only meant to work with multipoint.

@david.r.conte not that I noticed as the professor mentioned that might be a limitation of the hardware. It wouldn’t make sense for the hardware to be there and them to keep waiting to implement it in the software

@ktkundy Anybody have any issues with people saying that you sound muffled on calls after the update or that the sound is a little lower?

1 Like

Can’t say I’ve done the next update yet. No big rush for the single tap functionality…

1 Like

I would say I sounded a little muffled but not quiet just not as clear. I’m going to play around a little more to see if it was a one time thing or not

1 Like

Hi.

have the Liberty Air 2Pro*s and i have downloaded the version 3.62, for this have had an button download in the app sections firmware. Downloaded the update and i have done what i should do, keep them in the case and leave the case open,…but there is no Install Buttion to install the version 3.62, deleated the app and installed it again, no effort. Still there is no install button so that i would be able to install the version 3.62. So i have an bug in my buds, right? I’m stuck on version 3.54…

Thanks a lot for any help or hint…

Piet van der Houlten

Toggle Wifi off if Wifi on.

Thanks for the answer. Wifi is always turned off because use only mobil data connection…and i have more than enough volume to use it every time…so this wouldn’t be the cause in thís case…any other ideas? Guess i am right and the buds have an bug or the app wouldn’t let me update the buds on IOS. And no android phone available. So i will really be stuck on the firmware 3.54.

we’ll try turning WiFi on!

Also reboot phone

1. In the soundcore app once it is open click the little man in the bottom left. Then click my devices. Slide left on the liberty air 2 pro and then hit the red X.
  2. Go into bluetooth and unpaired them.
  3. Hold open the case and push and hold the button until the earbuds blink red.

Pair back to your phone then back to the app. See if this fixes the issue.
@Elavalill

Hi once again, did everything you told me to do but no effort…an button to download is always there, but no button to install, so there will be no way to get these buds here to the actual firmware…or there will be no way to update the buds under the most actual IOS Version.

What is the device you are using?

Try the most simple thing first…

Forget the device. Restart your phone. reset the earbuds. Reconnect and try it again. Make sure you have the latest app update as well.

All this already tried out, my phone is an Iphone SE 2020. The IOS is 15.3.1.

The main problem is the missing install button in the app, as i wrote, when i get the notification that there is an new firmware i have the button to download it, but then there isn’t any button anymore to install…

Not intending to cause offense something is uniquely an issue for you. So put your phone and buds into someone else’s hands and watch.

Tell the other person to follow these instructions bearing in mind if they literall do exactly what you tried then there would be a repeat of what happened to you.

• uninstall the app
  • delete the bluetooth pairing
  • turn bluetooth off.
  • reset the buds
  • reboot the phone
  • enable bluetooth

(note the above 2 steps caused a slight wait time you need after buds reset as a rushed reset doesn’t actually reset)

• pair. Important, when you pair with one bud it will offer to pair the other bud you must do that quickly, if this doesn’t happen then firmware update cannot work.
  • install app
  • check for updates, do update.

Sometimes just doing it again and getting another pair of hands to do it can be the missing magic.

Here is an example where one person may not have accepted the L pairing, so what’s obvious for one isn’t for another

Thanks once more, i will ask the one or other friend of mine to install the app and we will see if this will be working with another device. I have done all i was able to do and followed all the steps i ought to, but on my device there is no way to do the firmware update.

Do not have Iphone. So it may just be something with the newness of the phone (April 2020 or something else).

It may be that you will need to get another device to update the firmware.

1 Like

In the above link you see one example of why firmware update won’t work if the pairing of TWS had not worked, the phone must see both buds, when you pair the right bud it offers the left bud, that left bud pairing must work.