Liberty Air 2 Pro in Sapphire Blue With LDAC

I recently acquired the Liberty Air 2 Pro in Sapphire Blue. I immediately updated them to LDAC. I usually just go with Black, but I’m really liking the Sapphire Blue. This is a description of my time with them so far.

Lets start with a few pictures:

My favorite pictures of the Sapphire Blue LA2P

The Brothers (L3P and LA2P) playing in the leaves

Specs:

1. Pure sound and noise cancelling via PureNote™ Drivers and Targeted Active Noise Cancelling
  2. Runtime 7 Hours - 26 Hours with Charging Case - Charge for 15 minutes, listen for 3 hours
  3. Calls - 6 microphones with uplink noise reduction
  4. Transparency Mode
  5. Added features - HearID personalized sound, wireless charging, touch control, and LDAC

I’m going to focus on LDAC here. Lets start off by saying I live in a rural area in NE PA (Poconos) so I don’t get a lot of interference. I have been able to go further that 75 feet (line of sight) outside without losing connection. Battery life has also been good.

I notice LDAC with FLAC files being slightly to Marginally better. To me a touch higher resolution. The Treble has more crispiness. Bass is a little cleaner with more depth. At least to my ears. Now I haven’t done a blind test so it might just be a Placebo Effect. Quite honestly I’m really happy with both the Earbuds and LDAC’s performance. Very nice package overall.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Edit: I already had these Earbuds in Onyx Black. I mainly just concentrated on the addition LDAC and the Sapphire Blue here. I wrote up a 1st impression/review of the Onyx Black here. with more information if you’re interested:

3 Likes

Here’s an update. I had to go to the recycling center this morning. I charged up the LA2P and have been using them for about an hour and a 20 minutes (The 1st two Bad Company albums) so far in LDAC with 990 kbps second enabled. My battery bars have hardly moved. Color me impressed. :blush:

3 Likes

Thanks Steve for your next review.
I read with great interest :+1:t2:.

2 Likes

That’s good news, but it is counter to for example this:

Did you have ANC off?

I had it on for some of the time. The rest I had Transparency on. I wasn’t keeping track of that. I didn’t go into it doing a test. It was more-so after I realized I listened to both albums that I decided to post the results.

I wouldn’t necessarily call it scientific, more just a ballpark kind of thing. I was just surprised how much battery I still had left. That being said, I’m not sure how accurate that it, if it depletes in a linear fashion if it was about to click down another segment, etc. Just pleasantly surprised at the results.

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words @sodojka. I hope you liked it! :+1:

2 Likes

Nice review and nice pictures. Thanks.

3 Likes

Good job @Steve976 :+1:t2:!
I am always most interested in the sound quality, especially the bass.

2 Likes

Thanks again! I think they sound great. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks @VertigoXX, I appreciate the kind words.
I also appreciate Soundcore for making LDAC available after the fact. One of the best additions that comes to mind via an update. :clap:

2 Likes

Nice to see some irl testing and results. I agree the blue is quite the color. Probably my fav of the 4.

As for ldac, I’m in no rush to update to it, as cannot use :roll_eyes:

2 Likes