Liberty Air 2 Pro - LDAC?

Appreciate the info @Yi.mi_Liu.

Appreciate the info @Yimi_Liu

2 Likes

Thank you very much @Yimi_Liu for the update and the official statement.

2 Likes

Thanks for replying (update), we appreciate it!

2 Likes

What is it normally when not LDAC?

1 Like

I would say 5.5h with ANC on.
So LDAC reduces the runtime by around 33%. :sneezing_face:

3 Likes

That is not bad. It is about the run time of a Liberty Neo :crazy_face:

2 Likes

losing a third is consistent with the others I’ve been reading about.

In theory, these stick shaped buds should hold the LDAC signal for longer distance as the antenna is further off from the human skin than the in-ear buds. Say hypothetically there was a L2P successor with LDAC, I’d expect the LA2P with this firmware to hold signal better. In theory.

1 Like

Well from what was potentially stated, it looks as if LDAC may be able to be done via a firmware update per Yimi. It is just whether it will go to other countries after an extended evaluation.

2 Likes

Well it is more of given the China app version is installable by anyone, is if it nullifies warranty. Cat is out of the bag, even if it’s not allowed to be out of the bag.

2 Likes

I agree. I know there was the worry was the battery life reduction. I would assume that you can turn it off similar to the q35s

2 Likes

I just think it has to be documented, what battery life in which scenarios so there’s no “doesn’t work as advertised” unfair criticism from users.

So there’s 4 figures for combinations ANC ON/OFF and LDAC ON/OFF.

Yes you are right, as stated in my post ldac can be deactivated in the app.
Furthermore it seems like the functionality is also available in the official 2.7.1 on Playstore, I needed to change region to China, then the additional option to set ldac on/off was available

2 Likes

I’m wondering if there is a cost difference by geo?

https://www.sony.net/Products/LDAC/

Schrödinger’s cat?

Be tough to get it back in the bag now… who else is thinking of an out of region update?

3 Likes

Sorry for keeping you waiting.

We are glad to say that LDAC will be available on Liberty Air 2 Pro worldwide from the first week of September onwards.

You are more than welcome to keep an eye out for updates on our website and here on the Collective.

5 Likes

Thank you Anny. That is great news. I think it’s about time I get a new phone that is LDAC capable. Thanks again @anny.peng.

2 Likes

My congratulations @Steve976!
Very good and necessary thread that caused that LA2 will have LDAC.
Way to go! Bravo! :clap:

3 Likes

Oh wow I missed the fact that someone was able to get it on old buds. I wonder if it was a plan all along to introduce it and it wasn’t ready for launch day so they pushed it back and eventually will update for all

2 Likes

This represents a pivot point for Anker/Soundcore.

To add it to an already sold product, not promised, is new for the company.

In parallel the average selling price is increasing.

I think we’re witnessing Soundcore attempting to nudge into other brands space.

I do hope the obvious of support is invested.

1 Like