Liberty Air 2 Pro only have SBC and AAC why not aptX

Is it right that the new Liberty Air 2 Pro have only SBC and AAC an no aptX anymore? Is it better?

3 Likes

Not, is not better than aptx. This is a very bad news if it is true…

1 Like

Chipset decision. Some don’t have, some do. Likely the successor will have so a buy now or wait decision based on how important.

Is APTX really important ? maybe they have some other improvements or drivers to give more better sound ?

1 Like

The average user isn’t concerned and shouldn’t be concerned about which codec is used for these new buds considering iphones don’t support aptx and thats more than half of the smartphones you see nowadays. Anyone looking for aptx should be looking at other brands.

3 Likes

aptX is important if you use android device with Qualcom chip that supports aptX. If you use Apple device or computer running Windows it will not work anyway.

You cannot have high quality sound with high compressed data over sbc/aac, no matter how good are drivers. And if you listen to an already high compressed audio format like mp3, sound quality will be worst. From at last 3 years ago all android high entry and some medium entry has Aptx over bluetooth. This is a downgrade compared with Liberty Air 2 which support sbc, aac and aptx.

1 Like

They sound better than LA2 despite the lack of aptX. This is tested on both Android and iOS. No matter what I say, the spec and codec snobs will say otherwise.

2 Likes

You could stop calling names “snobs” and back with objective evidence? Burden of proof falls on those making a claim.

Claim is LA2P sound better than LA2. You clearly feel this is true, codec aside. So how to prove. Objectively?

2 Likes

I have a DAP that supports up to aptX-HD, so I would want to know if this is fixable via software. If it is not fixable, I don’t understand why they didn’t put that there in the first place?
Also, is it possible to use aptX/HD on a device that can transmit over that codec with a pair of headphones that don’t support it?

Will be checking out the review, saw the thumbnail on Twitter w/ custom logo… big ups and congrats!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

El jefe I wondered the same thing as soon as I seen that!! Doesnt make sense to me but great vid too man on these today really enjoyed it and not gonna lie my favorite was when ya said just soundwise the liberty 2 pro is still superior to these!!! Man the 2 pro have been money ever since I got em in dec 2019 not a single issue except beautiful ear drum blowing sound ahahahaha take care el jefe and please keep up the great work!!! I know myself and many others appreciate all you do for giving honest opinion and recommendations on all these earbuds and headphones!! Thank you!!

1 Like

You prove that are not experienced in audio tech and not enough educate guy. You know only to comment în front of keyboard. So please search another place to offend ppl.

Calm down

1 Like

The specific codec doesn’t matter as much (at least for me). aptX, LDAC, LHDC, or LLAC is good.

Razor I’m just a regular guy who loves audio but id strongly disagree with your comment as out of all the revuews I watch and all the products I’ve trued no one speaks more honesty amd is spot on with these products as el jefe … not one review of a product he’s done that I’ve tried that I would disagree with him on… he… just doin life… and oluvs gadgets are in my opinion the 3 best doin reviews… flossy is good too and I especially miss Jim’s review room but again el jefe is the real deal in my opinion

2 Likes

Also, I find it odd that the L2As, the L2Ps, and the LP2s all have aptX but the LA2Ps don’t.

Looks to be a good discussion. I would say instead of guessing why, it could be something that could be asked. Maybe. :wink: .

Appreciate the input. It seems weird to take the specs down for the new release, but if it doesn’t make an audible difference that is less of an issue.