Liberty Air 2 - Right earbud battery problem

Been using LA2 for almost a year without any problems, but latelly the right earbud keeps getting battery low like 3 hours before the left one.

I take them both out to watch movies, then after 3 hours the right one goes battery low and the left one goes on for 3 more hours, dont know whats happening.

Both say battery high out of the case, and show 100% on the app.

Any toughts?

I’d check two areas.

It could be the Bluetooth pairing got confused and is using an older version where the right bud retransmit to the left bud. So delete the pairing reset the buds.

It could be the charging contacts have dirt on them so visually inspect, remove anything then wipe down with isopropyl alcohol and leave to dry.

If not these then it’s a building battery failure and initiate a warranty quickly before it expires.

1 Like

If you have 4.xx version and recently update to latest firmware - 4.30, this could be the cause. 4.30 firmware draining batteryes much faster…

Is there anyway to downgrade the firmware?

Buds have been resetted and no contact dirt/charging problems.

I think it might have something to do with the device its paired, it pairs only 1 earbud at a time, that might be draining right bud faster, right?

If you can only pair one earbud, then if the right is paired first and the other earbud has to pair to the right one. This causes the right to drain faster since it has to handle two connections.

1 Like

Correct, if the phone is using older versions of Bluetooth then the phone communicates only with the right bud then the right bud retransmits to the left bud so your right bud has more work to do and drains faster.

I’ve just now tried to find which version of BT solved this, may be v5 not sure.

If it used to work then look for issues in the phone software updates.