After reporting the background noise to support a few weeks ago, I received a replacement set today. Shipped from Amazon so it was pretty fast. First thing I noticed was that the box still said “revision 1” on the UPC sticker (same as my pre-order set). Wasn’t too concerned, because I figured they could be tracking the fix internally with batch numbers or something.
I got them connected to my phone, and the background noise is still there. Seems like it’s more in the right than the left, but it could just be how they were positioned in my ears. I’ll be contacting support again about the issue.