Liberty two roughly one year update/complaint. Great.....when they work right

So, I was one of the community members to receive a discount code for the liberty 2 pros and was “suppose to” get them “early.” Well, I was also one of the ones to receive delayed shipping and THEN receive one of the early faulty pair with the terrible hiss. Soundcore being who they are, of course exchanged them out, but round two was barley any better. So I waited for round 3, issues 95% fixed minus regular white noise. The third pair started having issues de-paring and turning off after being returned to the case about right before the virus hit here in the states so soundcore of course once again sent me a new pair after I showed them a video of the issue and their engineers got curious. So I am now currently on the said 4th pair of earbuds and now they are having issues, specifically with my laptop. When they pair, they have recently been defaulting to the headphone stereo setting on my laptop which puts no sound out. I have to change them to the “headset” setting to get any results. I use the earbuds every day. I am a second year college student. Mom, friend, professional call comes in and I am not using them already, out I pull them because the mic and sound cancellation is fenamole and being hands free especially in the hot humid southern U.S. where a phone up to your ear is a sweaty mess. Except tonight, I decided to use them for a discord call tonight, computer shows them connected for mic and music (aka sound) . I can hear everything, and all my settings are set to use the earbuds and their mic. but I am talking and discord shows I am talking but, no one is hearing me. This was my last straw and made me want to throw them across the room. I get it, they are not a gaming headset, but I expect earbuds to properly connect to a laptop and or an app and properly be recognized, not have one output option that works and one that is “fake” and gives no sound.

not for nothing but the earbuds having issues with connecting to your computer falls on the bluetooth driver and windows itself which has been notorious for causing bluetooth headaches for everyone. As for it switching to a specific setting when paird to your computer, yup thats all windows and has nothing to do with the earbuds. As for everything saying you are connected while in discord, that is also a known problem with discord itself and falls back on the bluetooth driver as well. Dont believe me, then google discord issues with bluetooth headsets and the same goes for windows

2 Likes

As @Tank stated about Bluetooth issues , you can search on here for I think the Q10 and connecting to laptop and several of the resolutions is for them to update their Bluetooth drivers and I think one stated they fixed it with a generic driver.

I use Liberty 2 Pro’s with windows 10 for calling and music, no issues so far. Must be the BT drivers for sure!

I had to update my bluetooth drivers to get my wireless earbuds to work with them. I’m setting up several family members and friends that aren’t tech savvy for Zoom and other Video chat services on their computers and will be setting them up for a wired headset so they won’t have to deal with future issues. Because of Windows bluetooth issues with audio I always keep a set of wired headphones around as a backup.

I updated my drivers and it made all the difference in the world!